ultimate juice

• Replies:13
johnny walker
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 11, 2010, 7:42:21 PM via Website

what is the best settings to use with ultimate juice to save the most battery for the evo with the traffic and schedule triggers

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 12, 2010, 10:29:26 AM via Website

I guess the answer depends on how often you want updates sent to your phone. I think every person has their own needs. Is battery life the most important thing of all? If so, maybe you should keep all data connections disabled until needed, and do updates at the bare miniumum. What kind of battery life are you achieving without the app?

By the way, are interested in doing a hands-on review of your EVO for the AndroidPIT forums/blog? With pictures, positives, negatives, interesting features?

johnny walker

Jul 13, 2010, 7:59:38 PM via Website

thanks well without the app i get about 7 hours fully charged and with i get about 10 hours but with the paid verson and the right settings i should get 20 or more

Douglas Carter

Jul 14, 2010, 10:24:07 AM via Website

I keep my data connection turned off for almost all the time. When I need to do something, I turn the widget on and my 3G connection goes up. I also keep my display dimmed to the lowest point in which I can read things, unless I really need the maximum brightness. I also keep Wi-Fi off, bluetooth off, and GPS off until I specifically need them. With those settings, my battery usually lasts more than a day. What exactly do you do on your phone in a regular day that eats up so much battery, and how long have you had the phone? Finally, did you follow the charging instructions to the letter the first time?

johnny walker

Jul 19, 2010, 5:54:13 AM via App

I keep gps and 4g off and Bluetooth off and I still get about 10 or 11 hours with app where I should get more with the right settings and that's with little phone use

Douglas Carter

Jul 19, 2010, 11:41:29 AM via Website

That's unfortunately probably not enough. Is Wi-Fi on all the time and can you deactivate the 3G as well? Both of those run almost all the time I think, and having a widget to turn off the data connection when not used would probably help as well. You may also want to adjust the options for when the phone turns the display off

johnny walker

Jul 19, 2010, 8:12:26 PM via Website

i have wifi off and there is a toggle to turn off my 3g and it helps a little but i should still get a least 20 hours or more insted of 11 or 12 i just have to get the settings right

johnny walker

Jul 19, 2010, 10:19:51 PM via Website

no i keep my settings to always on sprint network i've been going back and fort with this app. and still can't get past x150 for more than 1 day

Douglas Carter

Jul 20, 2010, 11:44:58 AM via Website

what is x150? Also, did you follow the instructions for charging exactly? If not, that could be a problem. You might want to consider taking it into the Sprint shop, telling them all the things you have done, and asking if it is possible to get a replacement, as 11-12 hours is pretty bad IMO. What exactly counts as normal usage for you? Going into detail would help.

johnny walker

Jul 23, 2010, 3:21:45 AM via App

the x150 is how much the app. multiplied your battery by as in saving you more battery and with the right settings I should be around x280 or x290 or so

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jul 23, 2010, 5:30:20 PM via Website

Quoted from their website:

JuiceDefender saves battery power (lots of it!) by controlling the mobile data connection, WiFi, Background data, Auto Sync and other battery-hungry components.

You can schedule regular activation to let background synchronization occur, have connectivity always enabled while the screen is on, and much more! It also helps in minimizing distractions ;)

The Easy Mode is a no-fuss one-click way to let your battery last longer - much longer. Just enable JuiceDefender by tapping on the big button and you're ready to go!

If you want more fine-grained control, try Advanced Mode, where you can configure the many JuiceDefender features to your liking.

UltimateJuice is an add-on to JuiceDefender that enables some advanced features:

WiFi control (with location-based AutoWiFi)
5 minutes, 1 hour and 2 hours schedule interval
night schedule with optional silent mode
MMS APN control

Please note that it doesn't do anything on its own (doesn't even have a UI) - the extra features will be available from the JuiceDefender UI.

If you want to check how much your battery life is improved by JuiceDefender, get JuicePlotter now - the best looking and most informative battery graph out there! Free on the Android Market!

— modified on Jul 23, 2010, 5:32:55 PM