Help to bypass play store??

• Replies:5
Hts427
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 16, 2019, 10:37:21 PM via Website

I have an app on my phone that acts as a vault for private information. It is perfectly invisible on my phone until you enter the play store then it's obvious that I have the app installed....
How do you by pass the app store or hide the app being installed from the app store but keep it on my phone? I've tried downloading .apk but that doesn't work.
Not rooted running android 8.1 Thank you!

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Feb 17, 2019, 4:00:26 AM via Website

Maybe it is because that the app was installed from play store. Uninstall it, then get the package installer directlly from its official website and install it.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 17, 2019, 12:36:16 PM via Website

In addition to what James Watson said,
You can disable play store.
You don't really need the Play Store app running in your phone! You can access it on the internet.
And...
By disabling play store, you shut down a back door into your phone that Google the manufacturer and your mobile carrier use to cram a lot of bloatware in your storage!

Helpful?
Hts427
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 17, 2019, 8:06:48 PM via Website

James, thank you for the reply. I have already attempted to download the app through chrome through their website directly to bypass the play store but afterward it still shows up in play store as being installed and is listed in my installed apps.. Could I disable the play store download the app then reactivate the store? Doesn't seem like it would work.. Or is there a way to rewrite some of the code, add a line or change a line to confuse the play store into thinking it's not installed ? I can't leave the app store disabled because what I am going for is complete invisibility. No red flags nothing to cause hostility. I need it so well hidden because certain people have access to my phone that I can not take away without causing problems. Im at air right now but I appreciate all answers and feedback.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 17, 2019, 9:07:21 PM via Website

You might try to install the app using a different browser.
And the website you installed the app from, make sure it is not a Google website.

But really.... If you get any questions about disabling play store tell them you did it to stop the updates!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Feb 18, 2019, 11:46:35 AM via Website

Oops duplicate post

— modified on Feb 18, 2019, 11:50:09 AM

Helpful?