Switching from Apple to Android!

• Replies:7
charlx0805
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2018, 8:39:28 PM via Website

Hi! I've been with Apple pretty much since I started using mobile phones and currently have the iPhone 6 (old, I know!) I am thinking about switching to an Android device, particularly the Huawei P20 Pro or a similar device, as I've heard they are the 'new iPhones' and are similar in some ways. The main thing I am looking for in my new phone is a good-quality camera as I am a budding photographer, and a good amount of storage (I've had problems with my current 16gb and 5gb of iCloud storage. I don't want to spend too much, but I do want a good camera on the phone, and I think most with good cameras are pricey so would be willing to spend if it's a good long-term investment! I am also worried that if I get an android device, it will mess up my mac laptop and I might not be able to use the Apple features, such as 'photos.'
Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sailesh Sirari
  • Forum posts: 13

May 25, 2018, 4:45:19 AM via Website

All Huawei phone are good , i am using basic honor phone with 64 gb memory from past 1.5 years and it is good and smooth. You can easily search in any online store and sort phones based on camera resolution , read some reviews about camera and other hardware.
I use google photos for backup pictures and it counts against your drive storage , i have 10 gb storage for drive. Good thing is you can store unlimited photos at reduced resolution. Also you can add multiple google accounts.
About macbook i am using macbook air from past 4 years and with photos and there has been no problem .

Helpful?
Tran Cao Nam
  • Forum posts: 10

May 25, 2018, 5:56:56 AM via Website

Debería usar Oppo

Helpful?
jack martin
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 15, 2018, 9:21:16 AM via Website

1.use google
2.convert your contacts in to android
3.identify the right appliction
4.sort out your music
5.change your calender and upload your photos.
6.erase your iphone

Helpful?
Susan Micheal
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 2, 2018, 7:50:15 PM via Website

It is a good idea and you can have many fundamentals and new feature as well.

Helpful?
Barbara Windsor
  • Forum posts: 68

Jul 3, 2018, 3:50:40 AM via Website

I'm using Huawei Mate 9 currently. Honestly speaking, I could never go back to iPhone once I dived deep into the Android world. I mean it's really convenient with lots of things like I can even recharge my bus card with it and Huawei has an awesome battery-consuming capability which makes me only charge it one time a day. If I am gonna change a new phone, I would stick to Android, it's not like iPhone is not great, it's just with Android phone, there's less limitation.

For example, I had this post regarding how to post Instagram on PC, and the iPhone could not do this, I used a phone mirror app to mirror Ins on my Android to PC and then control it from PC. iOS system had its limitations, so there's no way to control iPhone from PC. And if you guys are interested in, please view my post here.:P

Anyway, it ultimately depends on what you expect from the phone and which system can fulfill those expectations.

Helpful?
RachelCooper
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 24, 2019, 10:48:22 AM via Website

HuaWei is a good chocie, especially for the camera quality.
With the help of data transfer software, like FonePaw DoTrans, Samsung Smart Switch.... don't worry too much about the files transfer problem.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Dec 24, 2019, 12:28:43 PM via Website

wellcome to freedom. Anything will be better than what you are using now

Helpful?