learn java or kotlin for starting android programming ?

• Replies:5
amir mehr
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 20, 2018, 10:13:57 AM via Website

hi there i want to start learning android programming .( i am game developer that using unity and c#)
should i learn java ? will Java be deleted from Android in the future ?
Learning Kotlin is a bit hard for me (now) .because it does not have any book in my language while java has a lot of book (the most important of these is Daitel's book)
What do you suggest ?

— modified on Feb 20, 2018, 10:15:01 AM

eSparkBiz

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Feb 22, 2018, 5:17:46 AM via Website

I think it's easy for you to learn Java & Android programming as you are familiar with C#. Go ahead. :D

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Ross Lewis
  • Forum posts: 27

Feb 27, 2018, 10:25:21 AM via Website

First of all, bear in mind that you are learning Android Development and not just Java or Kotlin.

I think start with Java is a great idea because you’ll find numerous most Java-related learning resources while Kotlin ones aim at Java developers with some experience. That's why it's hard for you.

Later you can switch to Kotlin once you’re feeling like this. Honestly, if you know Java already, it will take one or two days to understand the syntax of Kotlin

Kinjal Sharma
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 20, 2018, 11:50:22 AM via Website

I think you should learn java to better career scope in android development it will be very beneficial for you i recommend you best java training academy for learning java is BR Brains they provide live project based training for students and professionals.

— modified on Jun 20, 2018, 11:52:00 AM

eSparkBiz

eSparkBiz
  • Forum posts: 107

Mar 1, 2019, 7:57:03 AM via Website

Key Differences between Kotlin and Java:

• Kotlin has the support of smart cast which identifies immutable types and performs implicit cast by compiler whereas in Java we need to identify and implement the casting.
  • Kotlin has the support of type inference which means we don’t need to specify the data type of variable explicitly whereas in Java we need to specify explicitly.
  • Kotlin is interchangeable with Java irrespective of the difference between Java vs. Kotlin. We can call Kotlin code in Java and Java code in Kotlin. So we can have both Java vs. Kotlin classes side by side in a project and compiles without any issues. After compilation we unable to find which class written in Java or Kotlin.

You should learn both for Android Application Development.

AlexMsr
  • Forum posts: 27

May 15, 2021, 11:08:35 PM via Website

I think Unity is enough