Google Play store not installing apps

• Replies:0
Tekjock
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 6, 2017, 11:30:52 PM via Website

I got my Galaxy S8 the week it came out, and on Tuesday 5/30 I started having an issue where my work email app was not working correctly (Email app called Good). Whist troubleshooting that, I started to notice that apps would download and show 100% downloaded and then not install. I then do a restart after it would install that app on startup, as well a bunch of notifications, and app updates would pop up.

The issue started with the Good email app, where I would logon to it, I would get new emails, then it would stay open. Normally the app would lock up after a couple minutes. If I would close out of the app from the in app menu’s. log on to it again and it would work that one time, then stop working again. This is a app that uses a company server.

Now it seems to be affecting more then one of my devices. I also have a Galaxy Tab A and I cannot seem to install anything on there either. It also seems that the app will download 100%, and then hang. Then minutes, to an hour later it is installed. I have read on some forums that a factory reset has not always worked.

I have done the following:
- Reinstalled the Good email app several times using different data sources (Mobile data, 3 different Wifi’s).
- Restarted the phone numerous times.
- In the App Manager I have
- - Google Play Store:
- - - Cleared Cache
- - - Cleared App data
- - - Uninstalled updates
- - Google Play services
- - - Clicked manage Storage, and cleared all data
- - Google Services Framework
- - - Cleared Cache
- - - Cleared App data
- - - Reset the app preferences
- From the internal storage settings, cleared the cache
- [From my tablet] removed google account and re-added

Things I have not tried yet:
- Factory Reset – this is the one thing I do not want to do.

I saw on another site a comment from today.
[QUOTE]Extra long delay in installing apps or updates after downloading, this has been happening quite regularly sometimes more than an hour. This happens also on my wife's android phone.[/QUOTE]

— modified on Jun 6, 2017, 11:36:35 PM