Android Device Manager Not Resetting

• Replies:0
Test Name
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 8, 2016, 2:09:27 AM via Website

I'm locked out of my phone and I'm trying to reset the password of my Android device through Android Device Manager so I can access it, but I receive the following message: "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed."

My device is connected to the internet and all, and I know that it works with Android Device Manager because I can make my phone ring through the Android Device Manager.

The problem here is that despite the fact that Android Device Manager says "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed.", nothing on my phone shows up.

There's no new lock set, there's no new screen lock or anything, no password, there's nothing to input or anything which Android Device Manager says is already there. I haven't touched a thing, so I'm clueless here.

Is there any way to get rid of this message so I can put in a new password for myself through Android Device Manager and access my phone?

Thanks.