12 ways to promote your apps

• Replies:19
Paulie Pham
  • Forum posts: 97

Aug 28, 2015, 6:13:08 AM via Website

Before introducing an app to the world, I always ask myself "Will people like it?". Then I think "I have spent a lot of energy and thinking on it. At least some people will like it." Then I ask myself "How can those people reach my app?". THAT IS THE QUESTION. No matter how wonderful our apps are, if it can't reach people, It loses. I believe apps are meant to made for someone, not everyone. Someone will like it.

So I would like to share with you guys some of my experience on how to promote our apps.

1) Video Marketing The video marketing is important tool for internet advertising. We can explain the features of our apps by creating videos. The videos can be placed on various websites to attract the audience. This can serve as great tool for promotion of android apps.

2) Use of Social media We can use various social websites such as Face-book, twitter, linked-In, You-tube for promotion of android apps.

3) Publish apps reviews You can have reviews in the form of small description about your app,
ratings of the apps, review date. This will help people know about the android apps.

4) Forums & Blog posting We can participate in the forums & blog posting for the marketing of the android apps. It will help to share the information about our apps.

5) Swap banner ads You can publish your ad on other website giving same service as you, ask him to place his ad on your website. The banners will help to direct the audience to app stores.

6) Free trails Serve some of the features at free of cost. So that the users can analyze the features, ask user to put feedback. This will help to promote your apps.

7) Showcase app in website If you existing website for the service you provide then you can showcase the apps there and redirect the users to the main description page of apps.

8) Press Release We can share the information about the apps by having press release.

9) Email Marketing This can serve as great tool for promotion. We can share our apps information by sending emails to people , groups.Mass email all your users and friend, and encourage them to download the app and give it a high ranking.

10) Advertising outlets Advertising is a great idea for any kind of app. Get to know the sites where the website fits to your app category and buy some ad space to promote app.You can even contact few bloggers who are willing to put up ads for your app or even for review it. Popularizing app through advertising promotions is a great way to reach large number of people and get a good user base.

11) Newsletters Publishing newsletters for the apps promotion will help in increasing the audience for your apps.

12) App directories & article posting This can serve as great tool for generating quality traffic for the android apps.

I know this is a bit general. Feel free to ask me to clarify any of those ways so that you can understand it.
if you like it. Please hit the "thank" button. :)

— modified on Aug 28, 2015, 6:13:51 AM

MalstronRachel FranklinDeactivated AccountStasya B.Deactivated Accountdamponting44ClaraMarshall

Marshall
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 12, 2015, 5:13:12 PM via Website

Hey there,

Have a look at the app wallet by hiten Vasnani... It's easily searchable on Google play... My question is what is an easy way to advertise an app like that? It is not my app but my friend is asking advice... Thanks

johnsmart18
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 31, 2016, 3:27:15 PM via Website

Thanks Paulie for this great information. :):)

Jackie Chen
  • Forum posts: 16

Sep 7, 2016, 5:09:36 AM via Website

Thank you for sharing! It's just in time! I just put my first app on the GooglePlay Store and figuring out how to showcase to people

Monty Kumar
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 8, 2016, 8:04:58 AM via Website

Thanks for such a great information. some more which will help to promote apps......
1) Optimize your listing
2) Use email signatures
3) Leverage your website
4) Make a video
5) Blog/guest blog

Hong Mun
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 8, 2016, 8:23:24 AM via Website

Useful sharing for the developers out there. These tips could help developers to promote their app well

L C
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 21, 2016, 2:04:07 PM via Website

It is so difficult nowadays to promote apps (I feel). Always wondering what people actually did to get their apps with millions of downloads.

Methew Bond
  • Forum posts: 88

Oct 14, 2016, 1:12:53 PM via Website

amazing information shared with us regarding promotion tips for any app. it is very useful.

Sundarsun 2527
  • Forum posts: 39

Oct 19, 2016, 10:29:22 AM via Website

A detailed list of app promotion. Nice Work Paulie but you can also do Image submission, Infographic, Slideshare also

Christie Rodriguez
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 19, 2016, 11:37:32 AM via Website

Hello,

i will attempt to give you appropriate strategy for application advancement

• Build a microsite-This maybe a couple pager showcases your application to the web group of onlookers. ...

• Build a mystery site

• Start a blog

• Share your substance

• Create an item video

• Get squeeze, huge amounts of it

• Pitch to application survey sites

• Contact bloggers who might mind

• Always be gathering messages

• Use Dubbler

• Post on Pinterest

• Manually select clients

• make a Facebook assemble

• Get talking openings

• Be over the top about determining negative surveys.

damponting44

Grace Smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 24, 2016, 12:59:54 PM via Website

Here we have listed top subsequent ways for promotion of an app:

1. Social Advertising: Social advertising helps you to target people according to your interests and demographics levels. You can know the most likely users of mobile app users will be able to see and click your ads with the help of social media channels.

2. Guest Blogging: With the help of guest blogging you can reach your targeted audience when it comes to marketing your mobile app you can post on a variety of blogs. you can post blogs related to your business.

3. Reach out to influencers: Marketing your app with the help of foreign connections. By establishing honest, authentic relationship with foreign connections will help you to a large extent to promote your app.

4. Leverage your mobile website: Mobile friendly optimized website will provide you options for promoting a mobile app.

5 List your app in the official blog: Add your app on your regular scheduled blog post is also another promotion option you can use for better results.

6. Add your app in your emails: Your new app needs to promote in every aspect of marketing, include your app in all business emails which you are using to reach editors. It will help you to a greater extent to target your major and important areas.

7. Create small videos for your app: Videos are the most creative way to represent your videos in a beautiful and well-built manner. For your demo video, you can create a simple 30 seconds videos. to increase the downloads for your video promotion.

8. Consider alterative app store: Do not rely on Google play store, there are various app stores on the online market where you can upload your app. if your app submitted on less popular store then definitely you will get maximum downloads as compared to Google play store, it will helps you to a greater extent in your app promotion.

9. Make your app Buzz- worthy: Getting a great rating can increase your positive buzz, you need to have an app that people will want to rate highly. you can promote an app if you are not having mobile user experience which is useful for users, that is wasted.

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Mar 27, 2017, 2:48:39 PM via Website

Thanks for sharing the useful information..

TriState
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 1, 2017, 1:13:43 PM via Website

Mobile app marketing strategy is as important as development. Developing mobile application before planning of well design mobile app marketing strategy will more cost effective and time-consuming at later stage when one month spend towards app launch day and there’s no one around to download it……..Don’t you think it doesn’t make any sense?

Rachel Franklin
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 5, 2017, 9:28:46 PM via Website

Thanks for this!! An app that I was involved in creating has just been launched to Google Play - so far we have over a thousand downloads and 31 reviews! I think we are doing pretty great in just two weeks but I will begin to employ your advice to get it out to a wider audience!

https: //play.google .com/store/apps/details?id= io.takers.app.android

HGSoft

Aug 4, 2017, 12:27:33 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing!!!

Vera H.
  • Forum posts: 15

Aug 4, 2017, 5:21:20 AM via Website

10) Advertising outlets Advertising is a great idea for any kind of
app. Get to know the sites where the website fits to your app category
and buy some ad space to promote app.You can even contact few bloggers
who are willing to put up ads for your app or even for review it.
Popularizing app through advertising promotions is a great way to
reach large number of people and get a good user base.

I am interested in this way. Please write a detailed article on how to advertise outlets.

NonostanteGames
  • Forum posts: 34

Aug 25, 2017, 11:21:08 AM via Website

But, how can be an app or game featured in some category into the Google Play store?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 179

Jun 13, 2019, 12:57:06 PM via Website

Greate information

kimduh

Sep 29, 2019, 10:51:48 AM via Website

You can use social media apps for it

naveen1991

Sep 6, 2020, 11:22:22 AM via Website

can you share some App directories