How to add menu bar button in bottom navigation bar????

• Replies:5
Dhruv Patel
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 11, 2014, 12:24:40 PM via Website

Hiiii,,,

I want to implement menu bar accessible from bottom bar where Back, and home buttons are exists??

Ashish Tripathi
  • Forum posts: 211

Aug 12, 2014, 6:16:26 PM via Website

did not get your query. Explain briefly what you want to implement.

did you try action bar if i am getting u right.

Ben E
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 21, 2014, 3:00:03 PM via Website

Try the function onKeyDown, and do whatever you want to do if keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_MENU !

— modified on Aug 21, 2014, 3:00:28 PM

Frangulyan
  • Forum posts: 18

Aug 24, 2014, 2:01:28 PM via Website

you cannot access the bottom navigation bar - it is part of android system so you cannot put anything into it.

starting from version 3.0 android removed the notion of "menu button" moving menu functionality to action bar (see android-developers.blogspot.de/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html)

however, for backward compatibility, for the apps that don't have action bar but provide menu items android creates these "three dots" menu item on navigation bar and opens menu when clicked. you can do the same, but your app will be considered as old and being in "backward compatible" mode, no guarantees that it will work in future.

AppBatics
  • Forum posts: 12

Sep 6, 2014, 6:30:12 AM via Website

However, to make such a menu bar appear, you have to set a minSdkVersion to be 10 or lower.

Frangulyan

you cannot access the bottom navigation bar - it is part of android system so you cannot put anything into it.

starting from version 3.0 android removed the notion of "menu button" moving menu functionality to action bar (see android-developers.blogspot.de/2012/01/say-goodbye-to-menu-button.html)

however, for backward compatibility, for the apps that don't have action bar but provide menu items android creates these "three dots" menu item on navigation bar and opens menu when clicked. you can do the same, but your app will be considered as old and being in "backward compatible" mode, no guarantees that it will work in future.

Elton Krasniqi
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 6, 2014, 10:47:46 AM via App

So , you have a n5 right ? You can't , I felt that Pain . It only shows when it is needed . Not every time . Sorry :v