Google Galaxy Nexus — Nexus not charging

• Replies:7
Gizmo
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 27, 2014, 12:53:19 PM via App

I got this phone about a year ago in May and I've loved it, but around December or so I had a problem with the phone. When the phone was off it would charge, yet when the phone was sleeping or on it wouldn't.
I've changed cables several times and even tried the cables I've used with the Nexus on my Nexus 7, all cables work like a charm.
There's also been a previous issue with the cables where the phone would completely ruin the charging cable by pushing down the prongs that would keep the charger in place.
The battery depletes extremely quickly even when the phone is asleep, I don't know what to do.
Please help me with this, the Nexus is a great phone and I love it to bits, but this issue is a huge downside to it.

— modified on Mar 27, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

Gizmo
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 28, 2014, 12:51:25 AM via App

Should I order a replacement altogether?

Robert Nesta Marley
  • Forum posts: 39

Jan 2, 2015, 5:46:15 AM via Website

i guess that would be a great idea if its under warrentee period.

Keshav Singh
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 25, 2016, 4:54:27 AM via Website

I recommend to contact with authorized service center to solve out your query

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 13, 2016, 8:58:48 AM via Website

Ive had those same issues..I went to charge it on my auto charger and it in a split second started working. The precise following day I attempted my sharpen charger again and it would work..Crazy thing is the point at which the home charger wasn't working for my GNEX, it would charge my lady friends telephone fine and dandy!!

william joe
  • Forum posts: 35

Dec 28, 2022, 8:52:33 AM via Website

First of all, make sure the charger is plugged into a working outlet. Try plugging another device or appliance into the outlet to be sure it's working properly, or switch to another outlet. If you're using the USB charger, check to be certain it's the one that came with your Nexus

Regards,
Will