Samsung Galaxy S Advance — Galaxy Fame sound problem.

• Replies:7
Mustard Marian
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 15, 2013, 3:01:07 AM via Website

Oh hello, AndroidPIT. I'm a new Android user (but let's not forget I was using my brother's Android before), as I got my Galaxy Fame that Saturday as a birthday present (that was halted to that day). Now I'm facing a problem in here.

The device's sound effects were wonderful, between touching the keypad and locking and unlocking the phone, etc. Now that's all gone. Booted into safe mode, restarted, removed SD card, changed the sound settings to enable and disable them, nothing at all. The problem just... appeared out of nowhere.

However sounds like the notifications, media or the call ringtone are still OK. I'm thinking of doing a hard reset but I don't want my app progress gone, my apps themselves, or start to sort the contacts list again.

Do you guys know of any solutions to this mess?

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jun 21, 2013, 12:43:14 PM via Website

Hey Mustard,

Welcome to the forum, and happy belated birthday :)

I hate when things go bad and appear from nowhere. Just wondering what do your sound settings look like?

are they set to the following?
Settings->Sound-> Keytones: set to sound
Settings->Sound-> Touch sounds: set to sound
Settings->Screen lock sound-> Keytones: set to sound

PS, if you get a chance you can introduce yourself at our Meet & Greet thread

Mustard Marian

Jun 21, 2013, 1:33:00 PM via Website

I'm sorry but you're a little late lol. This issue happened Sat 15 Jun and we're almost there at a second Saturday. Due to the lack of responses I just used Helium/Carbon with the computer client (instead of rooting at the time because I was reluctant, now I'm rooted), and I retained most of the data... not all to be exact because I had to redo Sonic 4 Episode II :(

But its fixed. The three settings were checkmarked. I tried rebooting, checkmarking them on and off repeatedly, many things I could do with these settings, until I just resorted to Helium and reset to factory settings. The bad thing is, I got sucked into the Android ecosystem by my brother's Galaxy Y, which he is so bad at maintaining it or even handing it to me for a little while. So I didn't get that much knowledge of it.

I ponder is there any way to fix stuff like app crashes (some apps crash when something is loaded. Heck, one of these apps run on that Galaxy Y normally), and install location troubles (I wanna stop using foldermount or even make junction files like I can do with Windows).

I'll take the introduction bit into consideration, the newsletter has some bits of useful info! What I hate is the lack of a "Galaxy Fame" option in most websites.

Mary Mod
  • Forum posts: 432

Jun 21, 2013, 4:37:18 PM via Website

Hey Mustard,

Could you tell me which apps you are having uses with? It could be due to programmer error or due to tinkering with the system.

Btw, we are working on a Galaxy Fame specific section on the AndroidPIT forum which we hope to have up in the coming week.

Mustard Marian

Jun 21, 2013, 4:41:37 PM via Website

Oh its good to hear that my device will show up here soon. Anyways, let's say its Sonic Jump for now. Also Sonic 4 Episode II likes to crash but not always. The game works the best straight after a reboot, however if left for long periods it may crash. It can crash after dying, entering an act, or going to the special stages. Though thank god it didn't always crash at the special stages.

Sonic Jump crashes when I attempt to load a level. Although the Galaxy Y Young (GT-S5360) loads it pretty fine. Its an old Gingerbread system phone. But more important than all of this, I'm waiting for the ability to install apps to SD card or use junction files like in Windows so I can get rid of foldermount and the rooting.

Pam Thompson
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 16, 2014, 9:47:54 PM via Website

Mary Mod

Hey Mustard,

Welcome to the forum, and happy belated birthday :)

I hate when things go bad and appear from nowhere. Just wondering what do your sound settings look like?

are they set to the following? Settings->Sound-> Keytones: set to sound Settings->Sound-> Touch sounds: set to sound Settings->Screen lock sound-> Keytones: set to sound

PS, if you get a chance you can introduce yourself at our Meet & Greet thread May I join this thread. I bought a samsung galaxy fame 3 weeks ago and cannot get the keytones to work. Just took it back to the shop and the young men in the shop also tried to no avail. They then phoned their technical depts and they cannot hep. So they said they'd change my new phone for another. They tried 4 samsung galaxy fame phoned in total to make sure the keytones worked and NONE of them did on any of the phones. Personally I love the phone, but I HATE the fact that I cannot hear when I'm pressing a button. All the settings are as they should be, volume is up high, tried resetting and rebooting etc. The fipping tones do not work . The fact that they didn't work on 4 more brand new phones tells me that this is a fault with this model.It annoys me so much I am going to take the phone back and get a refund then go back to a HTC phone.

Mustard Marian

Apr 16, 2014, 9:53:01 PM via Website

This thread still exists?

Anyways, even though I threw away my Fame for a better Samsung Galaxy Win, have you tried going to... Settings -> Sound -> Volume, then scroll down if possible and raise that "System" slider? I think it was the cause of my problem when I had the phone, never had the problem since then.

Victorious Notorious
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 27, 2020, 12:09:22 PM via Website

Resolved!