- Forum posts: 192
Oct 5, 2021, 9:34:57 AM via Website
Oct 5, 2021 9:34:57 AM via Website
Types of top-level domain (TLD):
1. Generic TLDs: Generic TLDs (gTLDs) encompass some of the more common domain names seen on the web, such as ‘.com’, ‘.net’, and ‘.org’.
2. Country-code TLDs: Country-code TLDs (ccTLDs) are reserved for use by countries, sovereign states, and territories.
3. Sponsored TLDs: These TLDs typically represent professional, ethnic, or geographical communities. Each sponsored TLD (sTLD) has a delegated sponsor that represents that community.
4. Infrastructural TLDs: This category only contains a single TLD - ‘.arpa’. Named for DARPA, the U.S. military research organization that helped pioneer the modern Internet.
5. Reserved TLDs: Some TLDs are on a reserved list, which means they are permanently unavailable for use.