What are some advantages that Grails has over Rails?

• Replies:4
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 30, 2021, 3:31:07 PM via Website

There are a number of Java web frameworks available in recent times. Most of them fulfill the same purpose. Therefore we are going to discuss the most popular ones out of these - Ruby on Rails and Groovy on Grails development services.

Ruby on Rails has created a considerable buzz in the industry. However, this comes up as an unusual challenge for a large number of companies as Ruby on Rails doesn't really integrate well with their remarkable existing investments in Java frameworks. They need new skill sets and training for their current staff.

Groovy and Grails have come up as a great competitor to Ruby on Rails that incredibly embrace the Java language and platform. For instance, though Grails does copy a number of ideas from Rails, it does the same by leveraging current frameworks like Hibernate and Spring in order to achieve this.

When it comes to the Java world, Groovy and Grails tries to bring some of the solid lessons from Ruby on Rails such as the following:

DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself): Grails allows one to write DRY code and is itself an amazing example of how to be DRY. In case you have any existing Java code, then there should be no problem in reusing the same.
Convention over Configuration: One can easily become productive in a very small period of time just by adhering to the conventions which are set out by Grails.

Final Thoughts:

In case you are thinking about giving the framework a good chance, then getting in touch with a good Groovy on Grails development company is a good idea to make your process much more convenient and fast.

• Forum posts: 11

Oct 1, 2021, 4:37:21 PM via Website

Thank for nice post

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 2, 2021, 9:44:31 PM via Website

Thanks for the useful post

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 4, 2021, 6:34:24 PM via Website

I have always preferred Rails over Grails. Maybe it's my personal choice but I find it easier to work with.

Helpful?