[FREE][APP] Learn to read music notes with 'Jungle Music'

• Replies:6
K0RTX
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 29, 2017, 11:32:28 AM via Website

I would like to present to you my 'Jungle Music' App:

Jungle Music is an educational app that lets you learn to read music notes in all clefs through a progressive, playful and instructive method, designed for beginner musicians and children age 5 and up.

Each clef is divided into 20 levels of difficulty, allowing you to learn music notes at your own pace while having fun at the same time!
Earn stars by recognizing as many notes as possible.
Obtaining the 3rd star is timed and unlocks the next level.

With Jungle Music, learning music notes becomes child's play!

An invaluable tool for learning music theory and solfege:
- Learn music notes in Treble Clef, Bass Clef, Baritone Clef, Soprano Clef, Mezzo-Soprano Clef, Alto Clef, Tenor Clef
- Reading on the staff, as well as reading under and above the staff
- Choose the writing of music notes among ( Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si ) / ( C D E F G A B ) / ( C D E F G A H )

More than words, a video is better

For more information (and download), here is the free app ID on the Google Play Store :
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.junglemusicfree

The app is localized in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Polish.
There is also a full version with unlocked features (used for the video above) available on the Google Play Store.

I thank you in advance for your reviews, your comments, your advices or your ideas for improving my app ;)

— modified on Feb 24, 2017, 6:47:40 PM

K0RTX

May 3, 2017, 11:28:32 AM via Website

I have made some updates in my app :
+ Up to 4 players to have fun with friends or family
+ More backgrounds to customize the app
+ Keyboard displaying for learning piano
+ 3 different instruments sounds
+ improved ergonomics
+ timer adjustment

Here is the new demo video :

K0RTX

Jun 7, 2017, 1:38:53 PM via Website

After 5 months of presence on the Play Store, I am satisfied with the life of my app.
It meets its (small) success and the free version is more than 11,500 downloads with a guard rate of about 30%, which suits me perfectly.
(to be honest, I did not expect so much)

Over the months, and following the feedback from my users, I have made some changes.
The last one is a graphic redesign which I would like to present to you here, with a video (better than screenshots):

Beyond this presentation, I would also like to share with you my feedback on communication and visibility on the Play Store.

Talking Communication, I was lucky to have among my users a quality manager of a large American firm.
He decided to coach me at a marketing level, so that when reading the app description in the play store, visitors want to download the app.
He summarized this concept in 3 words: What How Why.
This can be developped as :
- What is this app? What is its concept? What is its audience?
- What is its story ? / How does it work? / What is its principle?
- Why choose it? Why is the app better than the others?
According to him, a good description must answer these 3 points and end with a slogan.
It is only after that come the technical characteristics and all the blabla to generate keywords.

In addition to the words, the promotional banner must synthesize What How Why.
Here is mine :
After following his advice and reviewing my description, I noticed a significant increase in downloads (my visitor / download ratio exceeds 35%).

Talking visibility on the Play Store, translation is a key point.
Because a lot of users don't speak english, it's better to speak to them in their mother tongue.
That's why both the app and its description must be translated.
I have made translation in English (I'm french), in Portuguese, German, Spanish and Polish and the result is here, as my top 5 downloaders are :
1 USA (14.5%)
2 Brazil (10.5%)
3 France (9.5%)
4 Germany (7.8%)
5 Poland (4.7%)
Then come the United Kingdom, Spain, Mexico and all the countries of Latin America, then the rest of the world ...

I end this post by adding that you must always answer to your users when they contact you, and improve the app to meet their expectations.
It is true that we must also sometimes say "no" to them, but not frontally, we must remain positive in our remarks and find alternative solutions so that they remain satisfied.

I still have a lot of progress to make at the marketing level, because I am aware that I am far from having all the keys.
I am currently looking at the impact of colors on users (what colors are appealing, which ones are off-putting).

To be continued ...

K0RTX

Aug 7, 2017, 12:23:08 PM via Website

Hi Everybody,

I added an option into my app that allows users to send me an email for asking improvement.
That option gave me interesting feedbacks that I did not had through the rate/comment fields on the play store.
One of this feedback was to include points to materialize progress and response speed.
So I coded it.
Here is the demo video of this update :

To be continued ...

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

Aug 7, 2017, 12:26:57 PM via Website

Nice..thanks for sharing the link..

Jenny Diep
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 7, 2017, 12:34:08 PM via Website

K0RTX

I would like to present to you my 'Jungle Music' App:

Jungle Music is an educational app that lets you learn to read music notes in all clefs through a progressive, playful and instructive method, designed for beginner musicians and children age 5 and up.

![image][2]

Each clef is divided into 20 levels of difficulty, allowing you to learn music notes at your own pace while having fun at the same time!
Obtaining the 3rd star is timed and unlocks the next level.

![image][3]

- Learn music notes in Treble Clef, Bass Clef, Baritone Clef, Soprano Clef, Mezzo-Soprano Clef, Alto Clef, Tenor Clef
- Reading on the staff, as well as reading under and above the staff
- Choose the writing of music notes among ( Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si ) / ( C D E F G A B ) / ( C D E F G A H )

More than words, a video is better

For more information (and download), here is the free app ID on the Google Play Store :
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.junglemusicfree

The app is localized in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Polish.
There is also a full version with unlocked features (used for the video above) available on the Google Play Store.

I thank you in advance for your reviews, your comments, your advices or your ideas for improving my app ;)

1: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/7457677/image/forum/icon128.png
[2]: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/7457677/image/forum/free01.jpg
[3]: https://fscl01.fonpit.de/userfiles/7457677/image/forum/free02.jpg

Additional introduction:
Jungle Music is an educational game that lets you easily learn to read music notes in all clefs through an innovating, progressive, playful and instructive method, specially designed for beginner musicians and children age 5 and up.

Achieve your quest through the jungle of a desert island and feed your chameleon with flies-notes.
The more you progress, the more he grows ... until he becomes the King of Music!

• Simple and efficient gameplay to recognize and memorize notes while having fun at the same time!
  • Visual and auditory learning to become a real musician!
  • Attractive graphics for both kids and adults!

Features :

Each clef is divided into 20 levels of difficulty, allowing you to learn music notes at your own pace.
Obtaining each level 3rd star is timed and unlocks the next level.

Jungle Music will improve your skills in :
+ Score sight reading
+ Ear training through listening to the sound of the note (piano sounds)
If a mistake is made, the correction is provided.

+ Learn music notes in :
+ G-Clef : Treble
+ F-Clefs : Bass, Baritone
+ C-Clefs : Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, Alto, Tenor
+ Reading on the staff, as well as reading under and above the staff
+ Choose the writing of music notes among (Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si) / (C D E F G A B) / (C D E F G A H)

This is the free version of Jungle Music.
Check the full version:
+ unlimited use
+ extra-time on timed parts
+ various landscapes to customize your game
+ display piano keyboard
+ up to 4 players for having fun with family or friends
+ choose among piano, guitar or violin/cello sounds
Nota : Jungle Music needs Adobe Air to be installed on your android device

K0RTX

Sep 2, 2017, 9:07:21 AM via Website

Hi Everybody,

Talking stats, I saw that only about 40% users keep the app after 30 days.
I don't know if it's better or worst than other apps in the same category but I think I can do more.
It's true that my app may appear as a "one shot" app : once the user has completed the 20 levels on the island, why would he keep the app ?
How to make my app "infinite" ?
Brainstorming and ... I created a customizable level where the user can choose the music notes to work :
- at least 3 notes among those already learned
- or a random game
Perfect for daily training or for a time to time game

Here is the demo

I updated the app yesterday and I hope it will increase the keeping rate.
So ... To be continued ...