How to erase data from Android phone completely?

• Replies:24
Tupually
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 26, 2016, 1:31:24 PM via Website

Hello, i need to completely erase all content on my Android phone, I heard that the deleted data can be easily recovered by some data recoverys, so how can I completely erase data from Android without recovery?

Maady
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 26, 2016, 2:00:29 PM via Website

Please do a factory reset simple. :)

James Watson

Tupually

Oct 27, 2016, 11:36:51 AM via Website

do a factory won't completely wipe my content and still be easily recovered by some data recovery app.

Deactivated Account

Venson Stella
  • Forum posts: 13

Nov 5, 2016, 3:20:53 AM via Website

I agree with Tupually. I once factory reset the device and can still scan the data with Recuva. To make sure the data being erased permanently, you should first fill up with random data, then do a factory reset.

A nice tutorial on it: How to erase Android completely

— modified on Nov 8, 2016, 3:10:22 AM

Deactivated Account

Hardik Jani
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 5, 2016, 7:54:51 AM via Website

Factory reset is the easiest option. There is possibility that the deleted data you are showing is coming from the online backup that you have taken online backup using any email account or app.

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Dec 22, 2016, 4:31:52 AM via Website

If you don't want deleted data can be recovered, you may need use Android data eraser app to help you completely erase all content on your Android phone. It makes sure your deleted files won't be recovered by any means.

Bobby Inc
  • Forum posts: 30

Dec 22, 2016, 9:09:32 AM via Website

Factory reset!

J.YO
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 24, 2017, 4:05:36 AM via Website

I don't think the Factory reset is the best mothed to do , because it can not completely delete data or files from Andrioid , in the way , the data still store the unwanted data

Sebastian K.
  • Forum posts: 87

May 4, 2017, 9:54:53 AM via App

The best way to make your data unreadable is to make a full encryption and then do a factory reset. If someone tries to recover your data he just gets a big encrypted file.

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

May 4, 2017, 10:32:13 AM via Website

Do Factory reset..it is very simple process...

Sebastian K.
  • Forum posts: 87

May 4, 2017, 1:10:16 PM via App

martin smith

Do Factory reset..it is very simple process...

But after a factory reset your data can still be recovered.

Stan M.

Dec 11, 2017, 2:56:50 AM via Website

The data deleted by factory reset can be recovered via the certain recovery tool. For completely and permanently wiping your Android phone, try Android Data Eraser. This software helps you protect your privacy with some simple steps. A good device for you to use before selling your or phone or give it to others.

— modified on Dec 19, 2017, 3:52:57 AM

Ronald Cruz
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 13, 2017, 1:48:29 AM via Website

Find out the “Backup &reset/Reset” option from Settings menu. ...
Tap on “Reset/Factory data reset > Reset phone/Reset Device”
Confirm by clicking OK then.

I don't think there is any app that can recover factory reset data.

HimyNio

Dec 27, 2017, 3:20:19 AM via Website

You'd better to use a Android eraser tool that can wipe out your data without recovery. It can't erase your Android completely to do a factory reset.

Max Field
  • Forum posts: 32

Feb 22, 2018, 5:54:17 PM via Website

Yes it is true that simple performing factory data reset does not delete data permanently from Android device. The deleted data can be easily recovered with the help of appropriate data recovery utility for Android.

So, you can use Android Data Eraser to erase data permanently on Android phone. The deleted data are not recoverable by any means not even by data recovery app.

sophia779
  • Forum posts: 18

Jul 15, 2018, 9:42:16 AM via Website

Many times it become essential to erase every data from Android device because of several reasons like we have to sell it, donate it or something else. But one thing you should remember that simply deleting data from phone don’t delete the data permanently. The data still remains in the device but becomes invisible.

So be careful and to delete your data from android phone completely, I would recommend to use any professional software which can not only help you to erase data from phone completely but they cannot be recovered again.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jul 15, 2018, 12:56:12 PM via Website

Tupually
A factory reset will never completely erase your data. Especially if your data was backed up by a cloud storage or some kind of app like that!
Once your data is in the form of a digital code it will always be out there in cyberspace for someone to retrieve.
As far as the data in your device,
The only way I know to delete your data completely is either, have your hard drive ereased of everything ! Thats apps and operating software. (Wipe it clean)
or remove the hard drive from your device and destroy it!
Or just destroy the entire device.
I know this sounds a bit extreme....,
But if you want to be certain, thats the only way to do it!
Lindsay

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jul 16, 2018, 7:47:14 AM via Website

With Android Data Eraser software, you can easily erase Android data , including contacts, messages, photos, videos, movies, apps and many more. And files deleted with this software will have no chance of being recovered. Best of all, various brands of Android devices can be perfectly supported by this almighty program, including Samsung, Motorola, Sony, HTC, LG and many more. This software totally frees yourself from troubles of privacy leak due to possible data recovery from the deleted data by some people with bad ideas!

— modified on Aug 1, 2018, 4:47:26 AM

AC&MM
  • Forum posts: 1,155

Jul 16, 2018, 7:53:26 AM via Website

What's your phone model?

AC&MM
Galaxy J7 Pro
Moto X Force
Galaxy Tab S3

Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jul 18, 2018, 3:38:26 AM via Website

To reset an Android phone to factory settings is a common way to delete all contents and data from Android device, and it is very easy to operate directly on your Android phone. However, this does not help you completely erase all files from Android device and there is still chance to recover lost files after factory reset.

To completely and permanently erase all data from Android device, You need Android Data Eraser (Windows/Mac). With it, you can easily wipe out all data from Android phone with zero opportunity to be recovered, including the existing data and deleted data on Android phone.

— modified on Jul 23, 2018, 11:10:55 AM

sophia779
  • Forum posts: 18

Jul 29, 2018, 9:31:03 AM via Website

Hi,
If you want to delete any Android data or the Android device completely then simply erasing the device will not delete the entire device permanently. For that, you have to use any powerful eraser tool that can help to delete your Android devices completely without leaving any data.

Caroline Grey
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 31, 2018, 5:48:53 AM via Website

Factory reset!very simple.

Max Field
  • Forum posts: 32

Aug 16, 2018, 6:58:46 PM via Website

Factory Reset is not completely safe. There are various Android Recovery utility that promise to recover files and personal information even after performing factory reset.

Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Sep 18, 2019, 7:41:27 AM via Website

Hello,it's true that the deleted data can be easily recovered by some data recoverys.You could use MobiKin Android Eraser,this program can help you wipe off all your Android data with one click, leaving no possibility of data recovery.

stephanictaylor

Jun 19, 2020, 11:40:50 AM via Website

Hello,
There are several ways that can help you to erase all data from Android phone permanently. First one is factory reset that most people prefer. But I would like to tell you that factory reset does not completely wipe Android phone. Still, with the use of recovery tool, you can recover the data so its not a safe process.
Another way is encrypting data and files on Android phone. And the overwriting the Android space with useless data.
But when all these things does not erase your data permanently then I would suggest you to use Android Data Eraser tool. This is a powerful program that deletes the files from Android phone without any option to recover.

— modified on Jun 19, 2020, 11:42:29 AM