Stuck on "Checking connection" screen.

• Replies:37
vikas manne
  • Forum posts: 1

May 24, 2016, 11:01:08 AM via Website

My Micromax canvas A1 mobile is on android-6.0.1 version. Today I tried to factory reset my mobile and completed reset then i rebooted my mobile and it went through language selection screen -> Done. Selected wi-fi connection and clicked on next,->Done. Then it got stuck on "Checking connection..." screen. I tried with mobile network as well, but no use.

Tried restart no luck. Tried factory reset again still facing the same problem.

How to fix this ?

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 24, 2016, 7:36:04 PM via Website

vikas manne

My Micromax canvas A1 mobile is on android-6.0.1 version. Today I tried to factory reset my mobile and completed reset then i rebooted my mobile and it went through language selection screen -> Done. Selected wi-fi connection and clicked on next,->Done. Then it got stuck on "Checking connection..." screen. I tried with mobile network as well, but no use.

Tried restart no luck. Tried factory reset again still facing the same problem.

How to fix this ?

If this "checking connection" is not at your home, maybe the wifi strength is weak. If testing at home, check to see if your wifi is turned on and if your computer or other mobile device can connect to the wifi.

Subham Mishra

May 29, 2016, 9:01:08 PM via Website

Wifi is working fine , still i get this problem.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

May 30, 2016, 6:02:26 AM via Website

Just skip the WIFI selection and setting Google account process ,after you reach the main screen add wifi and google account. This is a common issue.

Ready To Help You.

arjun banerjea

Jul 1, 2016, 7:07:34 AM via Website

Sir i am facing the same problem in my Micromax canvas A1 ,i have reset my phone since then it is stuck on checking connection and is showing unfortunately Google play service has stopped and there is no options for skip
Help me

Luis Velazquez

Jul 5, 2016, 6:15:06 PM via Website

I'm having the same issue. the phone connects to wifi but wont get past checking connection. It doesn't even ask for google account info

Saurabh

Jul 17, 2016, 8:42:30 PM via Website

I also updated my micromax canvas 1 with new update for marshmallow 6.0.1 and its stuck on "Checking connection..." screen.

Joramo

Sep 12, 2016, 11:46:29 PM via Website

Same problem here! How did you solve it?!

Alka Seltzer

Sep 22, 2016, 10:39:00 PM via Website

Hi Guys. If this is a common Issue as it says it is.. why is not a proper solution documented ? Same as the others mentioned I have the same situation.. got stuck on "Checking connection... Can anyone suggest what to do ? Even if they dont know the answers dont leave a question unattended ! Since May someone raise this question and still not a good suggestion or tip on how to fixed !

Borgil Batbaatar

Oct 19, 2016, 9:28:24 AM via Website

just turn off wifi. try again*strong text*

Unknown Badshah

Nov 11, 2016, 4:52:18 AM via Website

Hi vikash have you got any solution about this issue i am also facing this problem .. if you got any solution please tell me ...

Nicole Payne

Dec 27, 2016, 7:58:35 AM via Website

I have faced the same issue & so I visited the Micromax service center & they said you have to pay 172 rs to downgrade the software version as 6.0.1 is not good version & 5.1 is best version & so you need to go with 5.1 version. In the last I didn't have any option so I allow them to downgrade software version & pay for this. I just don't understand if the upgrade(6.0.1) was rollout by Micromax & if there was any error then why should client have to pay for extra amount. If someone have face any issue with the software version definitely they should reset their cell-phones.

At-least Micromax should have to inform to their service centers that do not ask for money if customers comes with such problem because of corrupted 6.0.1 version, Don't you guys think so??

I have attached bill for your reference.image

— modified on Dec 27, 2016, 8:00:17 AM

Deactivated Account

uday naik

Jan 29, 2017, 9:01:26 AM via Website

I to have the same problem do u found any way. If u found please forward me

Dushyant Astik

Feb 22, 2017, 9:02:41 AM via Website

was your phone in warranty?

Alaxhoo
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 22, 2017, 10:54:49 AM via Website

Same, its stuck on "Checking connection..." screen.

cj alvarez
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 15, 2017, 11:43:39 PM via Website

I have fixed my phone with this kind of problem... With just a little help of common sense and patience... But i still couldnt use playstore... But i can download apps through browser or pc.... So i ithink ican help u with this... This may sound dumb but it worked though...

Ok...

First delete your gmail account.. After that bootup your phone and put your sim card also....

After booting your phone stop at selecting language... You might wanna try the end app shortcut (by pressing the menu key or something)... Then if you can see your phone logo or just your wallpaper then ask a friend of yours.. If he/she could text your number.. After that if you recieve the message.. Try to view the message (do not delete the message or end task the messanging app... You might need it)image if you can see the google quick search bar type browser over therr.... Then scroll down until you find the app then press it... Then type settings.. Change the date by 3 months from now and time... After that wait for about 24hrs... Then reboot your phone and select language and wifi after that if u see "it will take only 2 mins" that means your good to go :-)
Just wait another 10~30 mins then check your phone you can skip the checking connection....

You might wondering that u needed to delete your account on gmail... Well the reason we factory reset our phone because we couldnt connect right on playstore or any google app right?.. So ive thought that deleting my account could help.. Well it did .. But the small catch is we still couldnt use playstore(only) ... The rest of google app is working :-D ... And if u have any questions or help.. Do kindly message me on facebook or gmail..

Facebook: kurtblow11@yahoo.com
Gmail: cjalvarez2267@gmail.com

cj alvarez

Mar 15, 2017, 11:52:24 PM via Website

How to search your apps using googlec quick search bar...image image

Just type the app you want then tap the app or phone in the google browser just scroll down then tap it then search the app! Easy

Jessica Crater

Mar 21, 2017, 8:45:32 AM via Website

Hello I've encountered the same issue except my phone is rooted I have a coolpad catalyst. After master reset I was stuck on checking connection. What ended up fixing my problem was taking the sim card out and for some reason it let me skip when I got to WiFi page... But I'm stuck again after another factory reset, and this time NOT working...but hey its worth a try... If it work let others know...

Muluken Tesfaye

Apr 18, 2017, 2:35:57 PM via Website

Hey Bro, I also facing this kind of problem and I fixed right now by watching this video. "How to bypass Factory Reset Protection on Samsung devices" ... 100% working. Just try to see it and you will thank me

Surya Tiwari

Jul 21, 2017, 6:17:23 AM via Website

im facing the same probloem .....can any1 help me

Tushar Koundal

Jul 22, 2017, 6:16:56 PM via Website

same issue here have you got any solution yet?

Tye Berger

Aug 4, 2017, 7:38:39 AM via Website

I had this exact issue. I solved the problem by resetting my phone. Turn off the phone. Then turn it back on holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time until it comes on . I then selected the options to do both a, deletion of the cache files and a factory reset. Finally, reboot the phone and it should get you pass the checking connection screen. Good Luck guys and gals! As for me....now it's time to bypass the google account verification, which has proven EXTREMELY difficult.

Summit Srivastava

Aug 13, 2017, 11:32:18 AM via Website

Dear All,
I was also facing the same problem. To get rid of this problem, you have to down grade the OS from Marsh mallow to Kit Kat after that update the mobile software. It will 100 % work. And before Factory reset, firstly delete the account then do Hard reset or factory reset.

Thanks,
Sumit Srivastava

Nitish Devrani (Neon)

Feb 3, 2018, 11:12:59 AM via Website

Vikas manne your problem is not normal because your device is fully stuck in checking connection page which means your device OS ROM was crashed so you have to download a new Stockton for it.
You can get more detail about this topic at youtube just write checking connection problem and the 1st video you see is all about it so go there fast.

Steve Holt

May 25, 2018, 5:18:01 PM via Website

THIS WORKED FOR ME! I had the same prob with a Metro PCS LG Stylo 2. I was able to turn off mobile network and wifi, it asked me if I wanted to continue with no data, I agreed, and was able to continue. This may be exclusive to LG or the the Stylo 2.

Tryst Mist

Nov 30, 2018, 1:18:44 AM via Website

what if you can't skip it?

Ma.Lourdes Rebadulla

Apr 14, 2019, 2:10:16 PM via Website

Help me please

Lawrence
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 6, 2021, 7:37:59 AM via Website

My iPhone also had the problem last year, but I successfully fixed it through using an iOS system repair software named TunesKit iOS System Recovery. And there are also other feasible ways like restarting the device, resetting all settings (data loss), and more.

TacoMonster1212

Apr 8, 2021, 9:58:49 PM via Website

@TyeBerger I doubt I'll get a response from a near 4 year old thread, but I'm curious about how long did the checking connection take once it worked for you? It does say, "This can take a while." So I'm somewhat hesitant to think it's broken or stuck, but it has been over an hour at this point.

TacoMonster1212

Apr 8, 2021, 10:00:55 PM via Website

Tye Berger

I had this exact issue. I solved the problem by resetting my phone. Turn off the phone. Then turn it back on holding the power and volume up buttons at the same time until it comes on . I then selected the options to do both a, deletion of the cache files and a factory reset. Finally, reboot the phone and it should get you pass the checking connection screen. Good Luck guys and gals! As for me....now it's time to bypass the google account verification, which has proven EXTREMELY difficult.

I doubt I'll get a response from a near 4 year old thread, but I'm curious about how long did the checking connection take once it worked for you? It does say, "This can take a while." So I'm somewhat hesitant to think it's broken or stuck, but it has been over an hour at this point.

Relksa
  • Forum posts: 5

May 11, 2021, 9:55:16 AM via Website

i have one problem

Philomela
  • Forum posts: 38

May 11, 2021, 11:48:36 AM via Website

Thanks for the message, I have a suggestion for you if you want to know please cmt

fodenn

May 17, 2021, 5:22:24 PM via Website

You can get more detail about this topic at youtube just write checking connection problem.

ramtin nasiri

Jun 18, 2021, 11:27:25 AM via Website

Hi
I have been solved this problem. for me it is because the FRP lock is on. for checking this pleas go to the download mode and yo can see, on top and left of screen, "FRP lock : on".
you must first unlock FRP, for this reason you must flash your phone by appropriate combination file. then after boot up the phone, go to developer option an select the OEM unlock. after that FRP has unlocked.
then flash the phone by your rom file and use your phone.
best regards

ttucjacks123
  • Forum posts: 15

Jul 12, 2021, 8:34:11 AM via Website

My iPhone once faced the Checking Connection issue. I tried to reset all concent and settings, but it did not work. Finally, I was suggested a repair tool - TunesKit iOS System Recovery, which fixed the issue. Maybe you can also try a similar tool.

Wish

May 22, 2022, 4:18:19 PM via Website

I've found out an easy way to skip the setup wizard!
1. turn on tablet, then wait for the first page of setup wizard
2. click on these corners: left-top, right-top, right-bottom, left-bottom
3. done! skipped the setup wizard

credit: a youtube video with this title
"Android Quick Tip: How to bypass the "Touch the Android to Begin" setup | Pocketnow"

Taisir Techy

May 31, 2022, 10:31:52 PM via Website

my samsung (j7 2017) did the same thing but I held the power button and clicked restart,it worked so a good restart might do it

william joe
  • Forum posts: 35

Aug 11, 2022, 9:09:07 AM via Website

Force Restart or reboot is the first thing you should do whenever your Android device gets stuck on the boot screen. That requires holding specific combination buttons on your phone. To perform a force restart, press and hold the Power button on your phone for 30 seconds and let go of it once the device turns off.

Regards,
Will