How to recover deleted data from Android phone without root

• Replies:33
TONG WU
  • Forum posts: 67

Mar 17, 2016, 4:42:13 AM via Website

Step 1
Download GT Recovery from the official website.

Step 2
After launching GT Recovery for Windows, you'll get the primary window below.

Step 3
Please connect your Android device to the computer via a USB cable .GT Recovery will find your phone automatically

Note: You'd better connect one device at a time.

If GT Recovery didn’t find your phone, you can click ”Did not find my phone?”.

Step 4
Select what data type you want to recover. Before starting, please make sure that the battery is more than 20%, to ensure a complete scan.

Step 5
Choose “Recover Directly” to restore deleted data without root your phone

Step 6
Click the ”Back up my data” button on your android phone.

Step 7
start the scanning process, the records that can be restored will be shown in the list, you can stop the process any time you want:

Note: Do not disconnect your device during the scan, or the scan will fail.

Step 8
The scan will take you a while. After that, you can preview all recoverable data found in the scan result one by one.
After preview, mark those you want and click "Recover" to save them in CSV on your computer.

— modified on Mar 17, 2016, 4:54:34 AM

Leticia RaaschAalia Kapadia

TONG WU

Mar 18, 2016, 7:34:37 AM via Website

It's my pleasure

ADAM
  • Forum posts: 4

Mar 18, 2016, 8:49:56 AM via Website

Thanks for writing this post. it was very helpful.

lucyll
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 18, 2016, 9:42:46 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing this, i know an app, if you want to recover lost sms or contacts you'll need to root your phone, but other files don't need.

TONG WU

Mar 19, 2016, 3:39:21 AM via Website

:):):)

TONG WU

Mar 19, 2016, 3:40:16 AM via Website

GT Recovery for Windows can recover sms , contacts, messages without root .

buzzsplash
  • Forum posts: 10

Mar 19, 2016, 4:44:39 AM via Website

Oh god, I have been looking for this helpful information from so long. Thank you so much.

TONG WU

Mar 21, 2016, 7:26:30 AM via Website

you can try it , any problem you can contact them on facebook.

IIP Foundation
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 21, 2016, 8:24:22 AM via Website

Very helpful. I’m just starting out and it’s cool to know there are some people out there who dedicate time to giving such helpful tips.

TONG WU

Mar 21, 2016, 8:32:43 AM via Website

It's my pleasure

alex claire
  • Forum posts: 30

Mar 28, 2016, 4:25:52 AM via Website

Root is necessary if you need to get data back from internal memory. Otherwise, there is no need to root your phone. Actually, if you need to get data back from android without root, this android phone recovery could be your best choice. Good luck.

TONG WU

Mar 28, 2016, 11:35:50 AM via Website

GT Recovery for Android can restore deleted files from internal memory

Kakanyo S.
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 29, 2016, 8:39:58 AM via Website

Guys i have a problem with my Samsung Tab 10.1 it can't charge if i connect the charger it doesn't show any response i have a full month without using it and it have my important business information on it and i cannot access the information but i need it more than nothing please help me out....!!!!

TONG WU

Mar 29, 2016, 9:04:34 AM via Website

Have you try another usb? You can ask Samsung Customer Service.

Kakanyo S.

Mar 29, 2016, 9:35:28 AM via Website

TONG WU i tried but um not sure if it is the charger or not because i haven't tried a different charger to see what might be the problem. Haven't you came across the problem or a friend came across the same problem and what was the solutions you came with.....? um so stressed

Kakanyo S.

Mar 30, 2016, 8:42:09 AM via Website

Heloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kakanyo S.

Mar 31, 2016, 3:50:45 PM via Website

Tong Wu you helped me like no buddy culd do as u said last time that i should check it might be the charger and exactly as u said it was the charger.... wooow this group is wonderfull...

TONG WU

Apr 9, 2016, 4:52:32 AM via Website

Sorry, have you solve the problem? Is the usb cable that cause the problem?

Aalia Kapadia
  • Forum posts: 3

May 15, 2016, 12:05:22 PM via Website

Hey Tong,
Great work mate!
I did recover some data of mine before using a third party software - Wondershare Data Recovery but I had to pay around $50 for it.
I wasn't aware of this software and the first thing I looked for is its price.
It is absolutely free!... I still can't believe it.
Thanks for sharing this tutorial.
Don't have options to like this post multiple time ;)
Cheers
A

Emma William
  • Forum posts: 6

May 15, 2016, 12:23:59 PM via Website

this is so helpful!

J Rivera

Jun 8, 2016, 4:34:03 PM via Website

I cannot open the downloaded file on my laptop. Once download is done a pop up tells me adobe reader could not open gt_recovery and before that it asked me to find a program to open the file. Any help is appreciated.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 8, 2016, 7:10:47 PM via Website

J Rivera

I cannot open the downloaded file on my laptop. Once download is done a pop up tells me adobe reader could not open gt_recovery and before that it asked me to find a program to open the file. Any help is appreciated.

visit http://www.gtrecovery.net/ and download the file.
It's a rar format so you need winrar or similar software.

Ready To Help You.

Connie Bryant
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 18, 2017, 3:02:21 AM via Website

You can recover your data from your Android phone and unroot it later like this video shows:

nacute11 jime
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 23, 2017, 2:49:06 PM via Website

The android recovery tool can help to get back deleted photo, music, video, contacts, text messages and other files.

Mohan Aldar

Jan 31, 2018, 1:54:39 PM via Website

I want use in my phone lenevo k6 power without root

smalling123
  • Forum posts: 30

Feb 1, 2018, 10:57:30 AM via Website

If you want to recover deleted data from Android phone, the most efficient method is to use an Android data recovery software. In this part, you don't need to worry about data loss problem and quickly get back the deleted data on your phone.

— modified on Feb 2, 2018, 3:33:08 AM

deveauwelle32

deveauwelle32
  • Forum posts: 26

Feb 2, 2018, 4:23:24 AM via Website

After losing data from an Android phone, you can through many solutions to get back your deleted data, just connect the phone with computer, and then recognize your phone, after scaning the phone information, you can quickly preview the deleted data, and most of Android data recovery software can help you get back.

— modified on Feb 3, 2018, 2:30:53 AM

klose maggette
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 19, 2018, 3:43:49 AM via Website

Moreover, here is another way to recover deleted data from Android smartphone without root

youtu.be/BOZOMqgSKhc

Kawhi LauDeactivated Account

Nicholas Montegriffo

Jan 8, 2019, 5:58:48 PM via Website

In case you find it helpful, we'e previously written about how to recover lost data using the Mobikin software that you recommend here: https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-recover-deleted-text-messages . The article refers to text messages but the software also works for other data.

Kassia
  • Forum posts: 14

Oct 21, 2019, 7:50:35 AM via Website

Thank you for writing, it's very helpful. Another Android tool - Bitwar is also a good choice in restoring files with simple three clicks, and this tool offers free trial. If necessary, you can also apply this one.

kennyloggins
  • Forum posts: 10

Nov 18, 2019, 6:25:08 PM via Website

cool! i have a dead infinix phone i'm planning on getting repaired. i'll try this out on that. :D thanks man

deeppal
  • Forum posts: 6

Jan 3, 2020, 8:57:34 AM via Website

You can use Stillbon Data Recovery program to scan your Android phone and SD card deeply to find the deleted data on it. You can preview them and recover any of them from your Android phone to the computer.
Here is how to do that: install and run the Data Recovery program on a computer connect your phone to a computer and scan it to find the deleted text messages on it preview and recover deleted text messages on Android phone. For More Info visit to official web page:- Stillbonsoftware.com

Duncan
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 10, 2020, 9:16:56 AM via Website

If you want to recover lost sms or contacts you'll need to root your phone, but other files don't need.