How to promotion app in Google Play?

• Replies:94
Mary Joel
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 1, 2015, 5:38:25 PM via Website

awingGame

I've published a game (Fruits Array) in Google Play, but almost no one can find it.

So how to do can promotion it?

Any suggestion is appreciative, thanks!

Its hard to get initial leads and get your App noticed. I got my App noticed through (This post was edited to remove external link, please refer to community guidelines to understand what's acceptable over here). And their service is free.:)

— modified on Apr 1, 2015, 5:54:37 PM by moderator

Karthick Chandrasekaran
  • Forum posts: 55

Apr 1, 2015, 11:21:11 PM via Website

Jaya Prakash

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Write blogs and post it in blogging sites.
  • Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

Have any suggestion on promoting our app in specific region.

Sorry for the late reply, sure please let me know about your app, I shall try my max to workout the possible marketing regions and strategies to follow as well.

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Apr 2, 2015, 12:15:49 AM via Website

Bokaliza

I've also got a game Dodgeball Runner in the google play store, but I've got a few downloads and I See you've gained 1000 Downloads , since your post is almost a year old I'd like to know what you did

Are you asking about my game bokaliza?

Mary Joel

Apr 5, 2015, 9:50:50 PM via Website

Hi there. I know its hard for us to get our Apps noticed. But have you tried install4install.com? This service can help you get free installs, comments and ratings. I got around 100 installs and reviews in a span of a month. Try it, its awesome!

Remi Parekh
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 6, 2015, 9:15:51 AM via Website

Hello,

If you have published your app just before 1 day, It will not visible or not be in your search result. Google will take 48 to 72 hours for visible on store.

You can follow this to promote your app :

1) Have a catchy Title that stands out from the rest. (Blog post)

2) Create an attractive (Sexy) icon that stands out from the rest. (Article 1) (Article 2)

3) Use relevant keyword to describe your app on the App Store. (ASO Tool)

4) App Size – Reducing the app size allows users on 3G to download with ease. (>50mb)

5) Reviews – Encourage users to review your app, as higher rating attracts users.

6) Free Apps – Attract more users compared to paid apps.

7) Promo Codes – If you have a paid app give away promo codes so users can try it out and tell their friends.

8) Submit your application to various app directories such as Appolocious.

9) Promote your app with a Facebook Page.

10) Promote your app with a Twitter Profile.

Thanks,

Connell potter
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 6, 2015, 9:48:57 AM via Website

facebook is a great start post it on your wall ask your friends to do the same, create a facebook page for the app have friends "like" it then when there friends go on facebook they will see what pages friends have liked and this will help promote your app another way to do this is to create a QR code lots of sites out there do this just make one for it send it to everyone on your phone, if you have some funds make stickers of the bar code and just stick them in random places i no when i see a QR code i scan it just for shits and giggles

Mary Joel

Jun 11, 2015, 12:19:16 AM via Website

Hi,
You can give a try to install4install.com to promote your Fruits Array gameThey provide the best services for promoting app genuinely.You will get honest comments,ratings and installs.More the reviews,higher will be your game in Google Play Store.

Moreover you can post advertisements on Facebook/Google Adwords for your quick promotion.I tried these strategies for my app and it worked great.

Thanks.

— modified on Jun 11, 2015, 12:24:26 AM

Freeappin
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 1, 2015, 3:59:18 PM via Website

Hello if you want to promote your apps totally for FREE !!! do not hesitate and JOIN OUR COMMUNITY at freeappin.com , on freeappin.com you will also receive some feedback from users !

John

Jul 6, 2015, 8:39:32 AM via Website

Dear Concern,
We are from Apps Network based in USA.

We providing the following services for mobile apps.

• # Positive Rating & Reviews
  • # App Download/ Installation
  • # App Store Optimization/Viral App Marketing
  • # App Ranking at App Store/Google Play Store

We believe in providing good service to our clients. Let us know if we can assist you with our time in optimizing your apps.

Best Regard's
@Apps Network
Skp: apps.network
Email: contact@appsnetwork.net
Web: appsnetwork.net

CTO & CMO at Apps Network
John

— modified on Jul 6, 2015, 8:41:07 AM

KNaum11
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 7, 2015, 11:57:18 AM via Website

Hey there!

If you're still looking to promote your app, you should check out Tappx (tappx.com/en/) It's a community where app developers can increase downloads for free by cross-promoting other members' apps. It's super easy to integrate and it works like a charm!

Best of luck!

Kristina

Shailesh

Aug 26, 2015, 9:29:07 PM via Website

Hello all. I have just downloaded the marshmallow app drawer APK on lollipop & installed it. Could someone guide me as to it is unistalled? Plzzzzzzz.

Anatoli Angelov
  • Forum posts: 15

Sep 20, 2015, 9:41:54 PM via Website

I promote my game in facebook and android forums .

Funny House
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 3, 2015, 7:44:33 AM via Website

Is it really useful to promote using facebook?

Funny House
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 3, 2015, 7:45:56 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

I would really want to know how blogs can help? Because even blog itself is very difficult to get traffic

funkyzoo
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 12, 2015, 12:40:44 AM via Website

Funny House

Is it really useful to promote using facebook?

I'd like to know that too.

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Oct 31, 2015, 9:53:50 PM via Website

Funny House

Karthick Chandrasekaran

I would really want to know how blogs can help? Because even blog itself is very difficult to get traffic

hey there, sorry for the late reply, yes blogs are somewhat difficult to generate traffic but there are directories to post blogs. Just google blog posting directories and you will get the list of sites then your blog will have a good traffic.

Juvas Cheev
  • Forum posts: 6

Nov 2, 2015, 2:51:44 PM via Website

Sean Mann

It sure isn't easy!
First get as many friends to download, G+, and rate the game as is possible. This tends to take a bit of time because... people are busy with their own lives! There are some Facebook groups and Google+ groups where you can exchange reviews with each other and promote your apps. These are pretty good but take time and you have to be cautious and ask for honest reviews, don't ask for 5 star reviews as that might be seen as manipulating the system.

G+'ing is VERY important as it really helps your ranking and when doing a regular Google search your app will come up more.

Next up is link building... this is even tougher! You need to get people to write reviews about your game and blog about it with links to the play store. All I can say about this is that you need a really good app that is newsworthy. If not you'll be begging a lot for very few reviews. Try aiming at the lesser known blogs and review sites. They won't get you very far, but it gives you more credibility and helps when you're asking others for blog reviews.
Search Google for "Gamasutra article on Google Doc for Indie Developer Help List"
I can't post a link yet...
That list is AWESOME!

Next up is to try some alternative markets. SlideMe, GetJar, Opera, and Android Pit have their own app markets. Even if you just get as many downloads from them as you do Google Play then you're getting somewhere.

Finally make sure that you have a press page all set up so that when people do want to review your game that the relevant info is right at their finger tips! check out dopresskit by Rami from Vlambeer.

That's about all I've got. None of it is easy. But keep at it. Work at getting FB and Twitter followers. Try to have fun with it!

Thanks for the Gaasutra list, found it and it really helped me out :)

Cloudd
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 7, 2015, 1:48:07 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

I have made an app and find it extremely hard to get downloads on my app that I consider rather good..

Would you care to name a few of those sites you talked about? I feel kind of stuck now when I can't afford to spend money on advertising.. It would be of great help. Thanks a lot.

Kavish Ahmed
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 7, 2015, 7:18:02 AM via Website

I am interested..

android apk
  • Forum posts: 15

Nov 7, 2015, 8:52:12 AM via Website

Above instruction in thread are effective to promote apps.

We've a option to add apps in our site.

You can submit your app in our Android apk site for promote.

Likes us if it helps

Hub Stro
  • Forum posts: 13

Nov 14, 2015, 10:15:09 AM via Website

Thx for link, very useful!

Volodymyr Machekhin
  • Forum posts: 11

Dec 1, 2015, 1:04:50 PM via Website

Hello everyone! I have the same issue with my app

Thanks for your advices!

I am trying to increase downloads of my app Wallpapergram

Can't post any links now, if you want you can find it on Google Play. I think you will like it and find it usefull, as you can set a wallpaper on your devices and Twitter accounts in one click.

It is really hard to increase visibility and I hope all your advices will help!

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 1, 2015, 4:03:00 PM via Website

Best way would be to publish it to some social media like Facebook, it will get you more downloads.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"

meshutobean
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 2, 2015, 11:05:18 PM via Website

there are 10 different ways try to do APO it works best, get your ranking as up as possible

Ville Immonen
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 3, 2015, 7:59:28 PM via Website

It would be nice to hear what kind of experiences people have had with getting users through various routes. I have heard that facebook is a good place to promote, if someone has used this route it would be nice to hear if they agree :)

Silvester

Dec 20, 2015, 6:01:45 PM via Website

hi,
ı am interested. can you please share more info?

David Hart

Dec 21, 2015, 4:44:59 AM via Website

Promote your apps on game or android forums. If the downloads and reviews go up, then people can find your app via search

kamaal ahmed

Mar 18, 2016, 1:51:23 PM via Website

Android App Promotion is the biggest challenge , once the App is listed in Google play store. every android application listed in google play store have big competitions
Google generally try to put that app in the top category which acquires large number of install in a short span of time . being an android developer myself , the first thing i do is to quickly boost my app in google play charts in order to acquire good positioning of my in google play store.
I have tried many websites and android app promotion companies to rank my app high in google play store , but most of them are too expensive to afford.
The best company which i have found so far is wwwdotandroidappinstalldotcom.They are providing very high quality of install with good retention. I would recommend them to anyone looking for ranking their app

Silvester

Mar 24, 2016, 7:01:18 PM via Website

can you sent me please your site link?
ertugrul.cayli"add"gmail.com

Silvester

Mar 24, 2016, 7:26:00 PM via Website

can you help me on this?

richelle anota
  • Forum posts: 24

Apr 28, 2016, 3:29:03 AM via Website

Please help me to find a better mobile application for It Takes 2 Thanks:):)

Android Fancy Apps
  • Forum posts: 30

May 10, 2016, 10:55:07 AM via Website

I have the same issue how to promote my app in Google play

Sven Van Buuren
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 11, 2016, 8:55:56 PM via Website

I am also having the same issue with getting downloads. I found this new Android app though; maybe this will help get the app's foot in the door. Try to see if you guys can still get the free promo. upswingandroid.com

Payal Rathore
  • Forum posts: 18

Jul 12, 2016, 11:29:53 AM via Website

Hey, awingGame, There are many ways to advertise & promote an app and many ways to increase app downloads. You can promote your app via app installation platforms like ladoooinstalls because it helps to directly connect your app with the target audience, which is very much beneficial for your app branding and app promotion. Moreover the mobile app install ads promote & advertise apps with facebook ads & google ads thus reaches & covers more audience.

Vehicular Elfslaughter

Jul 13, 2016, 11:58:13 PM via Website

You can also try the Amazon store for Android Apps. The trick is that if you have In-App purchases, they will also have to work through Amazon's store (so that they get a cut of the sales) rather than Google Play. I'm working on adding multi-store In-App-Purchase, I hope it works so that I don't have to make and support a separate APK for Amazon.

dt thinh

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 6, 2016, 2:14:54 PM via Website

The Google Play calculation is very obscure and there is no exceptional equation to get it the front. In the event that you need non paid advancements here are a few thoughts from my side

Compose online journals and post it in blogging destinations.

Gathering Uploads (however dont dump the connection in discussions it may make a disturbance to the clients)

Online networking Optimization, I mean request that your companions audit and request that your companions tell their companions.

Dont pay for checking on your application in Google Play it may bring about suspension of the record (Google Play Developer Policy)

Methew Bond
  • Forum posts: 88

Oct 14, 2016, 1:02:55 PM via Website

Well , to increase the download and ratings of any app, for that activities like app store optimization, review exchange, advertise in your app,make a promo-video and promote them, do forum commenting/ posting related your app category in different different forums.

Coral,Feng

Jan 12, 2017, 4:33:46 AM via Website

Here are some tips for you.
1.Take advantage of App Store Optimization
2.Create An Attractive Icon
3.Give It An Appropriate Name
4.Use Social Media
5.Market Your App
6.Ask Reviews
7.Use Eye-Catching Photos
8.Use the Press
9.Use the Keywords
10.Focus on the Users

Coral,Feng

Jan 12, 2017, 4:40:02 AM via Website

Here are some tips for you.
1.Select the right keywords.
The first step in any good search optimization campaign is selecting the right keywords. If you pick the wrong keywords, your app won’t rank, traffic numbers will be low, or the traffic won’t be targeted to your demographic.
2.Keep your app name short.
By making your app name too long, you are negatively impacting it’s app store rankings. When you create an app, the name should be readable on a single screen. That means keeping the name at 25 characters or below. The name is the single most important meta data in your app store listing. You don’t want it to get cut off by the lack of screen real estate.
3.Buy App Store Reviews
Every mobile developer has a different marketing budget and favored strategy to promote iOS apps, but getting an app or game reviewed is a must for all developers. A higher rating equates to more downloads, since users tend to listen to good feedback from real people. Your app attains popularity with users helping you effortlessly spread the word through the stars and comments they put in place. You can never go wrong in buying app store reviews which ensures positive responses, making it one of the most effective and efficient ways, if not the best in getting the results you want!

dt thinh

dt thinh

Feb 2, 2017, 11:38:05 AM via Website

Hi you. I have just published 2048 Pokemon in google play. Can you some advice to promote game ?
How to promotion app in Google Play?

Thank you.

dt thinh

Feb 2, 2017, 11:53:42 AM via Website

Thank Coral,Feng. Can you talk detail about the step one: Select the right keywords. ? I think it is very important .
My skype: thinh_ptit . Nice to meet you.

Natalia Slipenko

Feb 22, 2017, 3:53:25 PM via Website

Another good way to promote an app is through using affiliate networks that work on CPI basis - that way, you have to pay the network only for the installation of an app. If you want to find out more, please email me at abiandreb at gmail dot com. Nice to meet you all.

— modified on Feb 22, 2017, 4:06:58 PM

Frontlink Marketing

Sep 12, 2017, 7:40:01 AM via Website

I have read all the members points, Can any one tell me best game marketing website who can promote my games, I have lots of game and trying to boost from last 2 years, but did not get any good promoting company or agency, I am ready to pay also but need to see result, if any then please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Don Learsi
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 12, 2017, 7:44:50 AM via Website

Hi How's your app stat? :) perhaps i could help though.

Advik naveen

Sep 14, 2017, 11:31:24 AM via Website

Send links to your friends and convince them to download, share and review from them.