Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Email sync disabled

• Replies:100
  • Stickied
Michele Gannon
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 6, 2014, 7:43:12 PM via Website

Thank you so much. This worked for me just like you said. So easy peazy.

Kunwar Singh

Jun 12, 2014, 11:44:05 AM via Website

THANKS MAN..IT WORKED FOR ME.:)

RetiredPsychRN

Jun 13, 2014, 5:50:08 PM via Website

Hello, this is my first time here, reading the posts reminded me what I did wrong. "The thing" that everyone is referring to is the sync icon, and you will find it in the NFC ,or the notification panel, and it is under the HEADING (device) at the top of your screen when you pull the home screen down. You can also edit the NFC, so that you can put the apps. you use most at your fingertips. It might not actually show up when you first pull the screen down. You may have to click on device, notification panel, and then drag and drop your sync icon. Hope this helps a little bit more. I tend to need step by step instructions...lol.

Slava Rogansky

Jun 18, 2014, 7:41:37 PM via Website

I have been trying to figure this out for days!!! This just F***ing worked. Thank you!!

Nazareen Ebrahim

Jun 22, 2014, 10:00:23 PM via Website

Thank you A.W. You are an absolute genius!! I was so stressed after doing KitKat update aarrgghh! Then for the first time in my life read the forums. I will always now read and do my bit to help too! Thank you thank you air kisses and hugs

SSK

Jun 25, 2014, 4:07:04 AM via Website

AW you are an absolute genius!! How simple and obvious but I never looked at it and was ready to take every app off the phone and start over!! That would be a great place for a "pop up" box to explain that when you can sync your email in the first place!! Thank you

vitrig
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 25, 2014, 2:45:27 PM via Website

Great! It worked just fine :)

Johann Zuazuen

Jun 26, 2014, 8:24:50 PM via Website

This is the only one that worked. My android was messed up by an app call " Battery Doctor"

Thanks

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 27, 2014, 6:49:08 AM via Website

Johann Zuazuen

This is the only one that worked. My android was messed up by an app call " Battery Doctor"

Thanks

Well, Johann battery doctor has messed up the email sync didn't get that :? I was using Battery Doctor previously and never had such issues, the thing I like most about the battery doctor is, the Intelligent power saving mode i.e. It will automatically enable and disable the data connection as per the requirement. I think you have accidentally switch that mode on and what is might be doing is keep switching the data connection off.

Julia D

Jun 30, 2014, 9:19:39 PM via Website

Thank you so much for sharing! It worked for me.

Libbie Davidson

Jul 24, 2014, 3:16:03 PM via Website

oh my goodness it works!!!! Thanks

Makeba

Jul 31, 2014, 6:28:36 PM via Website

Nikhil Golatkar

I just bought a new Note 3 and after entering specific materials also it doesn't shows me my emails.It says something email sync is disabled-

29KeeperathomeAlbert Swart

George Dee

Aug 3, 2014, 11:15:29 AM via Website

T-Bone

Found the solution to the same problem on my Note 3. Go to settings then Connections tab then Data Usage. Hit the settings button and make sure auto sync is checked :)

Thanks for your help, and your knowledge, I personally called Samsung customers support, how do I turned off Sync on my galaxy note 3, they can't figure it out, it took them 2 hours. With the researched I did I was able to get helps from you. Thanks you very much I appreciated your help.

Katly Malgeri

Aug 10, 2014, 4:20:30 AM via Website

A. W.

I got this from another Blog I can not take ownership for this BUT IT WORKED!!!!

Pull down the menu at the top of the screen and strangely it doesn't show all the options (icons) when you scroll to the right. But at the very top of the menu, select the icon that looks like 3 windows and 2 arrows in the upper right of the screen (its black and white). This then displays ALL of the pull down icons. One of these icons says "Sync" and was grayed out on my Note 3. I highlighted the "Sync" icon and the "Master Sync" was now turned ON and the email began to automatically sync again.

......It totally worked for me thanks for the tip

Twynetter Mccalpine

Aug 20, 2014, 12:40:48 AM via Website

A.W. Thank you for sharing this. It worked!! For the life of me I could not figure out what happen.

Doug Simpson

Aug 26, 2014, 5:38:58 PM via Website

I started off with AW's solution which was then improved by this one - showing quicker means of access to the SYNC icon. Thanks to both. I'm more than a little pleased that the several frustrating hours spent trying to resolve this problem eventually bore fruit.

Mark Gippner

Sep 17, 2014, 9:23:10 PM via Website

It worked. Thank you. It was simple but not very well illustrated. I never would have figured it out. Thanks again.

Malik Moazam Khokhar

Oct 8, 2014, 6:12:09 PM via Website

ah! thankss man!! its soo simple and affective.

Danielle Main

Nov 24, 2014, 10:20:19 PM via Website

AWESOME!! Thank you I have been fighting with this for days!

anoop menon

Nov 29, 2014, 10:31:43 AM via Website

JUST SIMPLE GO TO SETTINGSCONNECTION\DATA USAGE\HIT ON LEFT CORNER DOWN\ ENABLE THIRD OPTION AUTO SYNC DATA

COOL ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rime Guendouz

Dec 5, 2014, 9:45:50 PM via Website

The this really helped my dad offered me ten pounds if could fix it yay hehehe

Bec Bec

Dec 28, 2014, 12:42:06 PM via Website

Fantastic. Worked like a gem. Cheers.

Myles kenyon
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 2, 2015, 8:28:37 PM via Website

Brilliant worked so easy

Dawn Allwood-boop

Feb 4, 2015, 1:46:55 PM via Website

Thank you !!! Thought I messed something up, but like other's stated, started happening after an update.

Patricia Campbell

Feb 4, 2015, 3:24:21 PM via Website

Thank you so much for this! It worked. I have no idea how that master sync got switched off, but now I know how to fix it. I'm left wondering why Samsung makes this so damn difficult!

CheekyMcM

Feb 14, 2015, 4:54:47 AM via Website

did that, but also i am on version 4.4.4 and there is no 'auto sync' in Data Usage, nor can I find what the other post refers to as Master Sync. I've checked ALL sync options and nothing seemed to fix the issue for me. Galaxy Note 3 kit kat version 4.4.4

CheekyMcM

Feb 14, 2015, 4:59:35 AM via Website

did not work for me on kit kat v 4.4.4 :(image

Ricky hyde

Feb 14, 2015, 1:34:16 PM via App

why should I do that

Patrick Phelps

Patrick Phelps

Mar 8, 2015, 12:15:24 AM via Website

That was the answer for my device. I have. O idea how it got turned off in the first place and was going nuts trying to get it to work. Good job of tracking down the answer!!!!

Yonus R

Jun 27, 2015, 7:37:00 PM via Website

This worked for me. Thank you for sharing

29Keeperathome

Jul 27, 2015, 12:19:47 PM via Website

A. W.

I got this from another Blog I can not take ownership for this BUT IT WORKED!!!!

Pull down the menu at the top of the screen and strangely it doesn't show all the options (icons) when you scroll to the right. But at the very top of the menu, select the icon that looks like 3 windows and 2 arrows in the upper right of the screen (its black and white). This then displays ALL of the pull down icons. One of these icons says "Sync" and was grayed out on my Note 3. I highlighted the "Sync" icon and the "Master Sync" was now turned ON and the email began to automatically sync again.

THIS WORKS!!! THANKS:)

Sazi Suber

Sazi Suber

Aug 11, 2015, 9:01:12 PM via Website

Thanks a lot buddy. :)

Sonya Dean

Sep 30, 2015, 3:37:03 PM via Website

Make sure this Sync is on.

Sazi Suber

Sazi Suber

Sep 30, 2015, 3:55:14 PM via Website

Yes, I got it working that day itself. Was too high to remember that i posted here and the issue was resolved
Thanks anyways :)

Diane R

Oct 1, 2015, 4:33:00 AM via Website

This worked! Don't know how it got turned off.:( Hmm grandkids:D

MJM

Oct 16, 2015, 9:47:37 PM via Website

Thanks so much. This is only thing that worked! So simple in hindsight.

Leslie Bernstein

Oct 21, 2015, 12:31:12 AM via Website

A. W.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! This was not intuitive and going in and syncing my stuff every hour was getting really tiresome.

lai soulie
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 27, 2015, 2:49:33 AM via Website

I will try this later,hopes that's works...

Jeff Good

Nov 30, 2015, 11:52:56 PM via Website

Thank you very much, it worked for me and was ready to reset my phone THANKS.

Veronica Schwarz

Dec 6, 2015, 11:49:20 PM via Website

Hi A.W. IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much. I too had tried all the other suggestions before I came across yours. None of them worked for me. But now I'm up and running again and the email is flowing in. Thanks again. V

Heiki Reinvee

Dec 22, 2015, 4:02:18 PM via Website

Yes it is solution and worked 4 me too:) Thanks mate.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 263

Dec 22, 2015, 5:27:49 PM via Website

I have once blurred icon of sync which wont allowed me to switch it on, I had to perform a Hard Reset than.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page LEO Privacy Guard

Gustavo Sesentayocho

Jan 24, 2016, 4:02:39 PM via Website

I had the same problem.
Just go to Settings, and then accounts.
Now in this screen you'll see different kinds of accounts.
Just tap the phone menu button, the one below the screen at the left.
You'll see an option shows up saying "Auto Sync Data"
Turn it on.
DONE!!

Heather Wiley

Jan 28, 2016, 5:44:01 PM via Website

Thanks A.W. your advice was the only thing that helped! Glad to have my email synced again:)

Firdaus Nassir

Mar 4, 2016, 8:39:17 AM via Website

Thank you so much!! That really helped!! :)

Truesouth

May 29, 2016, 9:43:09 AM via Website

Koos late to party but thanks so much. Could not find settings ....right before my eyes. You rock. Thank you

roland

Aug 6, 2016, 1:53:30 PM via Website

This one worked for me...plus make sure your email acct is ticked on settings

Franklin K
  • Forum posts: 7

Feb 9, 2017, 10:39:39 AM via Website

Thanks for the tip A.W. sorted m issue out finally! Cant figure why options like this just seem to turn themselves off. Very frustrating. Now if anyone can tell me why my Facebook messenger app doesn't have sound in my video messaging Id be very grateful. Have uninstalled reinstalled FB and Messenger, have wiped my phone clean and started from scratch, cleared cache...you name it Ive done it and still can't get sound on my video messages using Messenger. My phone camera is working fine...only messenger. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE !!! :(

— modified on Feb 9, 2017, 10:55:21 AM

Guto Farias

Feb 15, 2017, 2:29:04 PM via Website

Very good ! Problem solved !
Seems quite simple but before you know "Sync" is not clicked, you just can´t have emails synced automatically.

Pmscaoller
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 28, 2017, 4:12:47 AM via Website

The data sync program is easy to cause the phone data get lost , you need to back up them data before you sync them