What do you use for your screen saver and wallpaper?

• Replies:26
  • Answered
Amy R.
  • Forum posts: 238

Sep 7, 2013, 12:13:40 AM via Website

9-11-13 I erased the initial post because no one would respond to it.

— modified on Sep 11, 2013, 11:48:29 PM

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Amy R.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:12:21 PM via Website

No point in leaving this post open if 228 people can't answer a simple guestion. I didn't post this so I could advertise myself, FYI.

Patrick B.
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 2:01:41 AM via App

Amy R.
No point in leaving this post open if 228 people can't answer a simple guestion. I didn't post this so I could advertise myself, FYI.

plain black wallpaper. no screen saver. saves a bit on battery life.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 12, 2013, 11:10:00 AM via Website

Agreed Patrick. I wrote a thing a little while back about AMOLED displays and saving battery life and now I simply use black backgrounds for everything. I guess for now it's still a bit of a novelty but even once it wears off I'll probably stick with darker themes. It matches my personality and my phonescreen so why not?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.

Sep 13, 2013, 12:51:13 AM via Website

Funny you 2 mention that. Everything else I use has a black or dark background. I was getting a little bored when it came to personalizing the wallpaper and screen saver.

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Sep 16, 2013, 8:14:16 PM via Website

Mine is black too, as of reading Kris' article a while ago. I'm enjoying the look currently... though I do tend to change my background frequently, so we'll see how long this lasts ;)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Amy R.

Sep 16, 2013, 10:21:00 PM via Website

Ya, I know what you mean. I have this phase that lasts about a couple weeks, then I just want to change it all. After changing it so many time, it's kinda turning into a sickness now. But then I look at it everyday. I hate it when backgrounds are so light, they're a real strain on the eyes. You almost have trouble focusing when reading anything. But having a dark or black background makes everything much cleaner. I have this weirdness about having my tablet looking like my old linux screen though.

Ronald Butts
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 17, 2013, 12:24:09 AM via App

I agree with the dark background being easier on the eyes. How do I change the Androidpit app to a dark background?

Amy R.

Sep 17, 2013, 12:42:07 AM via Website

I agree with the dark background being easier on the eyes. How do I change the Andriodpit app to a dark background?

I unistalled that app a while ago but I believe you can change the background color preference in your settings. It will give you the option to change background black instead of white. Hope it helps you get over your eye strain Ronald. :wink:

Amy R.

Sep 17, 2013, 12:49:53 AM via Website

Hmm, I'm thinking of a very dark blue............ :bashful:

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Sep 17, 2013, 4:49:23 PM via Website

Well now you're just being a bad influence on me, Amy! The point in black is to not use up the battery. However, the idea of a solid dark color is appealing. Purple, of course. I try to purplize as much of life as I can. Bother. I'll have to switch from black soon. I'll hold out as long as I can. :)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Amy R.

Sep 17, 2013, 9:16:52 PM via Website

lol, sorry about that! I understand about saving on the battery life but I don't know if I can do it. I spent my first twenty some odd years being sucked in by my black linux screen. Everything else has a black background, but I need something other than black on my home screen. I think you're a bad influence as well! Now I can't make up my mind. Purple sounds pretty cool too................... :grin:

Jessaca Summers
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 25, 2013, 10:51:03 AM via Website

Lock Screen is a picture of Luna from Friendship is Magic, while my desktop is this picture I commissioned from a friend of my three favorite characters from one of my all time favorite comics, Homestuck, turned into My Little Pony ponies. I slap ponies on everything... it's a little childish, but they make me feel happier.

Amy R.

Oct 25, 2013, 5:07:36 PM via Website

@ Jessaca, Don't diss youself. I love the Peanut gang, and I plaster the Woodstock character on everything I own :grin:

I'm still rocking out my Frank Zappa wallpaper though............I'm a lot more stubborn then I thought

David D.
  • Forum posts: 77

Oct 26, 2013, 2:49:46 PM via App

228 people only? Real stats? Looks like I have to join some other forum...

Amy R.

Dec 3, 2013, 6:13:24 PM via App

Sorry, but I will quote you @Kris :P

I don't understand. It hasn't come out yet, but I am able to easily change between light or dark theme using either AndroidPIT app or App Center.................weird.

— modified on Dec 3, 2013, 6:14:45 PM

Kris Carlon

Dec 4, 2013, 6:04:41 PM via Website

I'm confused. I was talking about the new app, not the old App Center app (which did indeed have a dark skin option in the settings). The new app is getting it at some point, either in the new version or the next one.) And I'm lucky cos I get developer versions of the app to play with, I just haven't got a recent one on my phone so I can't check the settings.

***Edit: just asked Henrique and he said dark skin and tablet support is for 2.2 (after the New Year)

— modified on Dec 4, 2013, 6:24:59 PM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Amy R.

Dec 4, 2013, 6:51:32 PM via App

Kris Carlon
I'm confused. I was talking about the new app, not the old App Center app (which did indeed have a dark skin option in the settings). The new app is getting it at some point, either in the new version or the next one.) And I'm lucky cos I get developer versions of the app to play with, I just haven't got a recent one on my phone so I can't check the settings.

***Edit: just asked Henrique and he said dark skin and tablet support is for 2.2 (after the New Year)

Now I'm confused.....I have both AndroidPIT App Center and the AndroidPIT app (1.7.18) installed. I have the black skin option set on both of them. I have both apps installed and set up the same way. =/

To Add: The AndroidPIT app is the one that will only redirect you to play store for app installs. Yes, have that one installed and never use it...........

— modified on Dec 4, 2013, 6:58:35 PM

Amy R.

Dec 4, 2013, 7:43:07 PM via App

Thank you for clearing that up Kris.

Lol, now I feel better! For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out! XD

Yes, the AndroidPIT app I have I installed through App Center. It would make sense that it would be the older version and not the newer version from play store.

— modified on Dec 4, 2013, 7:52:07 PM

Rajesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 16

Dec 5, 2013, 7:19:24 AM via Website

I use dark black screen saver and I like screen saver which saves battery life.

Kris Carlon

Dec 5, 2013, 11:18:09 AM via Website

I thought I'd add to the actual content of the thread too, now that my answer is different. Since I got my Nexus 4 with LCD the black theme does nothing for my battery, so I'm rocking the classic Nexus 5 wallpaper (the abstract design, not the mountain landscape) but I switch between the new Nexus wallpapers every few days, but the one I have now is still my go-to. I don't use a screensaver, on my phone or computer. I use it, then switch it off. But I was LOVING the Halloween 3D Live Wallpaper (Haunted Village) I wrote about a while ago. I was totally addicted to lightning striking those little skeletons. it was wreaking havoc on my battery though so I had to ditch it eventually.

Amy R.

Dec 5, 2013, 5:30:48 PM via App

Haha, I finally switched to plain black. I don't find it's saving my battery life or anything but it makes my desktop look a heck of a lot cleaner. Converted a couple weeks ago and I like it!!!

Still saving my old Zappa wallpaper in my gallery just in case though....... ;)

Atif Naser
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 20, 2013, 5:48:10 AM via Website

have a look at my xperia arc home screen with custom ROM

Alexmor
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 18, 2019, 12:50:47 PM via Website

I use DWall.Online screensaver

akash

Zioma
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 18, 2019, 9:21:40 PM via Website

Yeah that is what I usually use for my phone and computer. I have several collections of dark wallpapers such as dark wood, dark bricks, dark rocks...