Downloaded the latest firmware and now various parts of the Galaxy S2 have stopped working.

• Replies:1
Douglas Lawrence
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 4:31:07 PM via Website

I downloaded the latest Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware as suggested by Samsung, now I can't connect to Google Play Store, the phone keeps saying my apps have had to close down and remote has stopped working. I've lost some of my apps i.e Whatsapp and KIK, now I can't get them back. Google settings etc... have said no connection, even though the wifi works fine and I can surf the net ????
O2 have suggested I trade the phone in and take out another contract to replace the phone, even though I still have 6 months left to run on this one. I am at my wits end now, my phone has been destroyed by an update from Samsung, I won't be getting another one.

I have tried every suggestion I can find, clear cache, force close etc... But no good.

Can someone please help me????

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 7, 2013, 11:42:11 AM via Website

Hi Douglas, have you tried a Factory reset or Hard Reset of your device? That might help (do the Factory reset first - just go through the Settings menu). If neither of these option s help you could try reverting to the previous firmware version.

— modified on Aug 7, 2013, 11:42:21 AM

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting