Do you share your smartphone?

• Replies:21
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 29, 2013, 12:36:21 PM via Website

Do you share your smartphone around like a good book? Or do you guard it more viciously than a dragon's gold? What if it had a mutli-user feature? Would you use it, or do you tend to think phones are too personal to be shared amongst friends and family?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Jul 29, 2013, 4:14:42 PM via Website

Mostly no... I'm fine with others borrowing it to make a call, look something up, take pictures, etc... but it's my phone, plugged in on my nightstand every night.
I think the multi-user thing is very cool, but I'd be more likely to use it on a tab than a phone. My phone. Hands off. :)
How bouts you?

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Kris Carlon

Jul 29, 2013, 5:07:51 PM via Website

Well I'm the same, I don't mind lending my phone to people to make calls, use the net or whatever. I mean, I don't have any state secrets on there and have nothing to hide from my girlfriend, so I doubt I'd use it. But I can see how it would be useful, like if a parent has a new phone the kids want to play games on and the parent wants to ensure the kids can't delete emails or or buy stuff online while they're using it.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Bojan M.
  • Forum posts: 18

Jul 29, 2013, 10:18:40 PM via Website

I, too, don't mind lending my phone for a moment (calls, net, camera, a game or two, new application, to show off :grin: etc.) but otherwise, my phone is my territory. You may not have some state secrets, but your messages are private and be aware of accessibility of those applications that allow in app purchases, especially if you have your credit/debit card registered. Now, I believe my friends, but I never leave them with my phone unmonitored. You know , there's a saying here, something like this: wife and car lend to no one. I would add phone to that too. :lol:

Edit:
Oh, I forgot to add, every new feature is welcome.

— modified on Jul 29, 2013, 10:25:00 PM

Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Aug 1, 2013, 9:36:20 PM via Website

My ex had full access to my mobile and my stepson used to borrow it to play games and listen to music and so we could call him to remind him it was time to come home (before we brought him his own for his 8th birthday). These days though it is very much a case of 'my phone is MINE, touch it and DIE', although I would still allow friends and family to make calls/send texts if need be (if they ever asked), and my mum used to use it to play games until I got her a smartphone of her own.

fuji kay
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 18, 2013, 12:08:58 PM via Website

I don't mind sharing my phone to others! But they should tell me before!

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Aug 18, 2013, 5:29:02 PM via Website

I usually don't share it that much, though my boyfriend uses it now and again to play games, and then I need to basically grab it out of his hands to get it back. Often he will use it to check emails, internet etc, but we will hopefully get him his own soon. At work, I often lend it to Kris to do some testing and then he downloads a ton of apps using up all my storage, which I then need to clean up ;) Just joking Kris! Other than that, my GS3 is my little baby.:girl:

Kris Carlon

Aug 19, 2013, 10:46:43 AM via Website

Well I promise to report on the LG G2 multi-user feature when I get a look at it in a couple weeks at the IFA electronics fair. I think it will be interesting to see how LG have handled the call functionality for multiple users on one device - this was the main issue preventing Google from including the feature for Android smartphones thus far (because Android has had the functionality for tablets since 4.2). You can read our article about it here.

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 19, 2013, 4:46:06 PM via Website

I think it makes sense to share phones without worries, and be able to protect your information from prying eyes...

Tracy Wang
  • Forum posts: 16

Aug 24, 2013, 10:07:43 AM via Website

HowDoYouAndroid.com
Mostly no... I'm fine with others borrowing it to make a call, look something up, take pictures, etc... but it's my phone, plugged in on my nightstand every night.
I think the multi-user thing is very cool, but I'd be more likely to use it on a tab than a phone. My phone. Hands off. :)
How bouts you?

I am the same!!!!

Marym Mahmoud
  • Forum posts: 105

Apr 10, 2014, 9:00:34 AM via Website

Tracy Wang
HowDoYouAndroid.com
How bouts you?

I am the same!!!!

same here my Phone is s Restricted Zone

Android Geek Blogger Best Android Launcher

Kris Carlon

Apr 10, 2014, 10:20:12 AM via Website

I was recently at a Yota event and a guy from Google was speaking about the unhealthy connection we all seem to have to our smartphones these days (he's written a book about kicking the habit). At one point he asked us to take out our phones and hand them to the person next to us. He then asked how anxious that made us all feel. I was holding onto a just released HTC One M8 at the time, so I was a little anxious for sure! But the feeling he described is definitely very true. I get the same thing when I find someone playing around on my computer. I don't have anything to hide but it's MINE.

SmileX
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 30, 2014, 5:39:37 PM via Website

I don't mind sharing but usually don't do it.

Bojan M.

May 27, 2014, 12:27:28 AM via Website

Kris Carlon

I was recently at a Yota event and a guy from Google was speaking about the unhealthy connection we all seem to have to our smartphones these days (he's written a book about kicking the habit). At one point he asked us to take out our phones and hand them to the person next to us. He then asked how anxious that made us all feel. I was holding onto a just released HTC One M8 at the time, so I was a little anxious for sure! But the feeling he described is definitely very true. I get the same thing when I find someone playing around on my computer. I don't have anything to hide but it's MINE.

The guy from Google is acting smart. My smartphone is my personal assistant. I integrated much of my daily life with it. It's ok to say it makes my life easier or lacking it would make my daily life a bit complicated. Phone calls, emails, various social networks, mobile banking etc etc. It's always with me and it contains a lot of personal information and stuff I don't want to share. Like you said: it's MINE. Period! The experiment he did is quite silly too. Whatever it is, if it's important to me, I won't share it lightly, especially with some stranger. Heck, I wouldn't even participate in that experiment. To hell with him.

Roy Weinberg
  • Forum posts: 12

Jun 8, 2014, 12:55:08 PM via Website

My girlfriend always looks at my phone's text message and such. So I am not sure if "sharing" is the right word to use :)

Besides, I wouldn't share my phone for the world!

Brian Lester

Jun 18, 2014, 11:15:34 AM via Website

Eeemm, no, thanks. I don't like sharing personal things at all.

Frank Morgan

Jun 18, 2014, 11:31:24 AM via Website

Earlier when mobile phones were used just for calls it posed no threat of exposing any personal things. But now giving your phone to someone is like showing them your private letters! People have all sorts of personal correspondence in their phones...

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 18, 2014, 11:55:01 AM via Website

Frank Morgan

Earlier when mobile phones were used just for calls it posed no threat of exposing any personal things. But now giving your phone to someone is like showing them your private letters! People have all sorts of personal correspondence in their phones...

Yes, true.

My only fear about lending people my phone is that they "like" things on Facebook which I do NOT actually like...

JonesW
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 29, 2014, 5:57:38 AM via Website

SmileX

I don't mind sharing but usually don't do it.

I don't mind people sharing but I don't do it

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 22, 2014, 9:01:41 AM via Website

i don't mind to share my samsung 5s with my family or my friends.

navid
  • Forum posts: 7

Aug 22, 2014, 4:01:43 PM via App

what a question.. i even don share it with myself guyz ....