What pre-purchase customized features would you like to see on a smartphone?

• Replies:6
Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 4, 2013, 2:35:29 PM via Website

So far we know the upcoming Moto X will let you select colors for the back and trim, memory capacity, engraving and possible pre-loaded wallpaper. With the Moto X being billed as a bit of a 'DIY' smartphone - where the customer can 'design' the phone themselves before it is shipped - we thought we'd ask you what pre-release customizable features you would like to see on smartphones.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Jul 4, 2013, 5:57:51 PM via Website

I would like to have an embossed picture of my face on the side of it with a big thumbs up and when it starts up, the power up sound will say: ''you're awesome!'' in a David Beckham voice. :wub:

Daniel Jones

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 22, 2013, 10:40:53 AM via Website

Ok, I'm putting in my vote for a replaceable battery (in case it doesn't materialize) and options for internal memory capacity. I think all other mid-range specs I can live with but storage space is not one of them!

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 20, 2013, 10:40:12 AM via Website

If the back panel is replaceable like lumia devices I will order all color panels. Simple loved the colors in the pics

Have a look
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x-pictures-5601.php

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Maria Brambova
  • Forum posts: 23

Aug 20, 2013, 3:29:19 PM via Website

I would like to see the option to delete bloatware before the phone even gets sent to me. The first thing I do is root my phone simply to get rid of all the things they put on my phone that I don't want. If you could select from a list of apps to be pre-installed that would be great (Google Earth, Angry Birds, WhatsApp, Skype etc).

— modified on Aug 20, 2013, 3:30:34 PM

Marcel Jennings
  • Forum posts: 56

Aug 21, 2013, 6:41:01 PM via Website

I would like to be able to choose a processor speed so I can save money if I don't need the power, internal storage so i can balance the processor saving against the memory I can afford, and the quality of the camera so if I need a great camera in my phone I can just pay extra for it instead of having to look at other phones I don't really like just because they have a better camera.