RE: Android took 52% of US smartphone sale in april

• Replies:6
Webb Jolin
  • Forum posts: 18

Jun 7, 2013, 11:17:06 AM via Website

Nice. And I am curious about when will my htc one x update to Sense 5.0.

g-telware
  • Forum posts: 48

Jun 18, 2013, 9:22:50 AM via Website

Hey Are you know about Galaxy Core. I am searching for this phone, But i heard some where it's been quite slow when there are too many background application running, So is it true or ??

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 110

Jun 18, 2013, 10:15:33 AM via Website

seems like its going to be a reasonably priced low end smartphone.

"The Samsung Galaxy Core, a 4.3-inch handset offering a 1.2GHz dual-core CPU, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage and a microSD slot. Running Touchwiz-infused Jelly Bean, the phone has a 5-megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and a VGA front-facer for the vain amongst you. Users will also be getting some of the more fancy Galaxy-style software features like Motion UI, Smart Stay, Smart Alert and S Voice. Of course, a phone is nothing without a screen, and here your eyes will be caressing a 4.3-inch WVGA (480 x 800) display -- but while you may not be thrilled at a low pixel count, at least there's the option for single SIM (available in July) or dual-SIM (from May) models for carrier swappers."

Catherine M.
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 4, 2013, 11:42:50 AM via Website

It is good new, isn't it? )))))))

Telepathic Man
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 5, 2013, 2:55:26 AM via Website

That's actually more then good news considering the amount of money apple has spent advertising its down right a shock that android came out that far ahead on top, it's excellent news. To beat out apple at marketing is very,very difficult.:)

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 13, 2013, 9:34:53 AM via Website

Telepathic Man
That's actually more then good news considering the amount of money apple has spent advertising its down right a shock that android came out that far ahead on top, it's excellent news. To beat out apple at marketing is very,very difficult.:)

This is only for a small time span, as Apple will release their iPhone successor the stats will change. At that time either Apple will lead the market or the difference will be very minimal.

By the end Q1 of 2014 Android will again lead the market continuously till next iPhone successor is released. This has been trend form years.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 13, 2013, 7:38:06 PM via Website

And some more statistical figures just released by the IDC:

Android smartphone shipments grew a whopping 73.5 percent between the second quarter of 2012 and Q2 2013, according to research firm IDC’s latest numbers. 187.4 million Android-powered phones shipped in the most recent quarter, representing 79.3 percent of all smartphones shipped during the quarter.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting