How do you monetize your Apps?

• Replies:60
Balint Farago
  • Forum posts: 19

Dec 14, 2015, 8:54:12 AM via Website

I use AdMob and only AdMob. I tried AppBrain but it didn't get me any money. I wasn't able to implement Airpush, and got no luck with Leadbolt either. I think AdMob is pretty great, I earn about $170/month for 550 daily downloads, though one app makes 90% of the money.

John A Smith
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 2, 2016, 11:56:50 AM via Website

I found out that Kazoolink offers a nice solution for app developers to replace in app purchase by an app wall. You don't need an SDK, its only an HTML5 code, with a self-service platform which is pretty cool!

mark kessler
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 22, 2016, 12:23:18 PM via Website

You need to follow monetizing tips which are given in mobilepundits blog

David Lu
  • Forum posts: 15

Mar 23, 2016, 8:52:03 PM via Website

Hello there,

We are Yesup Media Inc and we are currently running an app called MeshBean which is a money making app that rewards users to download games. We currently have around 200 active offers, each of these offers are paying from $0.10 to $1.00 per install.

I would like to find out if you are interested in getting our offers to list in your app. We can do this through SDK integration.

We am looking forward to working with you :)

Regards,

David

Anna Iv.
  • Forum posts: 2

May 13, 2016, 8:03:30 PM via Website

Hi Paul!
I can advise you more easy and effective way, than use AdNetworks. Have you tried the mediation platforms?
I use the mediation platform appodeal.com to monetize my mobile apps. It works fine for me! A lot of advantages and my monetization now is much better. That is very important :) Furthermore, there are really everything is easy. Appodeal has one SDK, a lot of AdNetworks (you don't need to register in each), all formats and plenty other great features.
Check their site www.appodeal.com. Hope, it will help you. Good luck :)

Jazz Sahota
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 10, 2017, 11:30:43 PM via Website

You can try out Survata - it's surveywalls and the average eCPM is $30+

Otherwise, mediation platforms are best because you can plug into several ad sources with only one SDK.

Julia Ozmitel
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 2, 2017, 2:34:53 PM via Website

Hi Paul, there are different ways to monetize your app and to use a network is only one of them.

As I work in Clickky (mobile ad platform), I may give you some advice about networks :)

1. Don't use the only network. Please search for article "8 Simple Tips for Effective Ad Mediation" by Jonathan Raveh (CallApp), and you'll definitely find out some interesting things.

2. Ad mediation platforms like Appodeal (that aggregate SDKs) is a good way if you receive a lot of money from your app. The more mediators you have between the advertiser and your app, the less money you get. Clickky is integrated with Appodeal, and we really like their work. However, I think that the usage of such ad mediation services is a perfect choise for experienced developers with 50+ apps with large number of monthly visitors. In case you want to take the full control over your app monetization, try to choose networks using the #1

3. That's better to choose programmatic RTB self-serve platform. RTB protocol may increase your eCPM as it shows certain ads to certain user.

4. Always test different formats. ALWAYS.

Hope you'll find it useful.

Alex Meier
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 9, 2017, 10:45:34 AM via Website

The most important thing is: traffic, traffic and one more time traffic.
It's definitely harder to get it than to monetize it.

alex
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 27, 2017, 12:17:41 PM via Website

Hi guys,

It's really helpful...

Safia Jacobs
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 23, 2017, 12:00:38 AM via Website

In-App Ads & Free Mobile Apps - This is the most attractive for users because they can download your app for free, without paying any penny. And you are able to make money by selling data-driven advertising space.

As a result, users see the small banners or popups with ads. Ads typically appear at the top or bottom of an app. If the user taps the ad, all sorts of possibilities open up from watching a video to the redirecting to advertiser’s website.

Incentivized Advertising is a kind of sponsorship. It means you conclude a partnership with advertisers, who reward your users for completing certain in-app actions. Your app earns money by taking a share of the revenue from redeemed rewards.

Hope this helps :)

alibinshahzad
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 17, 2018, 12:16:35 PM via Website

There are many ad network to help with the monetization of your gaming apps. Some well known names include Admob, Unity, Chartboost, Applovin, ConsoliAds and IronSource.