The best AntiVirus App?

• Replies:28
Amanda Jimenez
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 26, 2012, 8:14:15 AM via Website

In your opinion . . . What is the Best Security/AntiVirus App. Available Today? And, How important are they???
Im Totally new to ALL of this!!! You guys have all been so cool! Does anybody know of a good free or cheap app thats not to complicated for a newbie???

Amanda Jimenez
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 26, 2012, 8:19:32 AM via Website

PS . . .
I am asking reguarding a Tablet with Android 2.2, if that helps.

THX AGAIN!!!

Bruce Hutcheon
  • Forum posts: 7

Nov 27, 2012, 1:20:15 AM via App

AVG seems to work for me.

Bellacola

aarish madaan
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 27, 2012, 1:07:05 PM via App

Avast AntiVirus is the beat AntiVirus available on the Google play , it's packed full of features , anti theft feature of the avast is the best part , lookout is also a good option but it's all features are not free as in avast

Jenny Jones
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 11:19:41 PM via Website

I have Kaspersky 2013 (amzn.to/T6w9jy) because the guys down at the computer shop recommended it for me. They say it has cloud protection so they have tons more definitions than other antivirus softwares which means they can stop more viruses.

Андрей
  • Forum posts: 28

Dec 30, 2012, 8:11:11 PM via Website

Dr Web

TomRaza
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 20, 2013, 3:19:59 PM via Website

i m using Appriva cloud antivirus its free to download and available on Google play Store

rands roo

Jan 8, 2014, 1:42:14 PM via App

f-secure

Andrea
  • Forum posts: 25

Jan 10, 2014, 11:37:58 PM via Website

If you have access to Google Play you shouldn't install one. It's been estimated that only 8 out of the 800.000 apps in Google Play are malware, thus as long as you download from Google Play you're safe. And by default your OS also checks any app you sideload for viruses, so you shouln't really worry.

Homeworld Arts

ShoelaceWireless
  • Forum posts: 20

Jan 12, 2014, 4:14:48 AM via Website

I tried Lookout and they did a good job. They were one of the earliest Android AV, too.

Cathy V.

Jan 12, 2014, 10:13:17 AM via Website

AVG seems to work for me

iScript

Jan 12, 2014, 4:51:33 PM via App

You look for Full protection? :
TrustGo Security . the best AntiVirus
malwarebytes . The best AntiMalware
full versions for free .

Or Dan
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 22, 2014, 3:35:58 PM via Website

360 Mobile Security- Antivirus

Androidfreeapp

Jan 23, 2014, 3:18:00 PM via Website

try:

lookout mobile
super security
SmrtGuard Mobile Security

Johan P.
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 23, 2014, 11:40:44 PM via Website

Avast is great!

Hideyasu
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 4, 2014, 2:41:42 PM via Website

Never used one and everything works great! Don't want to overload RAM.

Tooleap
  • Forum posts: 13

Apr 23, 2014, 2:26:26 PM via Website

Anti-virus apps are power hungry, and tend to have a very bad effect on your battery life. As long as you stick to the play store and don't install apps from dubious locations, you should be fine.

Viaan Mistry
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 25, 2014, 3:53:52 PM via Website

I'm using lookout antivirus. Think it's pretty good. You can even locate, remotely lock or erase your phone using this. And so far I think my phone is secure

tsg756
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 26, 2014, 11:41:51 AM via Website

i would preffer avast as it has worked for me and reduced lag and also killed the maleware apps

Alis Nikol
  • Forum posts: 9

May 5, 2014, 12:18:28 PM via Website

I think "Avira" is best for Android and for iPhone "Lookout Mobile Security For iPhone" is a good one. Yous may try some more also but these can solve most of the issues.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 131

May 6, 2014, 6:32:15 PM via App

Test post

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

May 7, 2014, 3:29:16 PM via Website

I read something this morning that said the best capture rate for viruses/malware etc was TrustGo. I've overdone my device limit with Lookout so I've switched to Avast, but I might have to give TrustGo a bash if they're pulling the best security of all.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Tim F.
  • Forum posts: 2,492

May 8, 2014, 8:12:30 AM via Website

HI,

now there is a free App from G Data, which contains free protection. There are some more features in the app, but they aren't for free..
Here is the link to the G Data App

Tim

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 8, 2014, 9:08:35 AM via Website

Tim F.

HI,

now there is a free App from G Data, which contains free protection. There are some more features in the app, but they aren't for free..
Here is the link to the [G Data App][1]

[1]: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.gdata.mobilesecurity

Tim

Interface, doesn't looks good to me everything seems to be in the Red and White color :( I would say I is just same as the other antivirus app. Another thing I would like to ask you is there a need of Anti-Virus for the Android?

Tim F.
  • Forum posts: 2,492

May 8, 2014, 8:17:07 PM via Website

But, is the interface important (sorry, but I think after the installation of the app it runs in the background!?)

This Question is not easy to answer :D In my opinion it is important to protect your smartphone. Today a kind of malware was found, the "Koler.A trojan (here are some information about this trojan: click here)

On the other side, there aren't kinds of malware, which are as dangerous as e.g. Windows malware. You have to install the infected app by your self. But, often these infected apps are "camouflaged" for example in games or other apps. So, I think AntiVirus software on Android is usefull and important, but if you are careful all the time, and read the permissions e.g. it is not needed esentialy.

Tim

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

May 9, 2014, 9:48:48 AM via Website

@Tim F, here I would say yes the interface do seemed important in my case :) I really appreciate you answer about the need of Antivirus for the Android device, I seemed to agree with you there is not needed essentially but as we can't be careful every time with the permission so using antivirus might be a better option.

Homeworld Arts
  • Forum posts: 17

May 9, 2014, 10:08:47 AM via Website

This is very true. I have never used antivirus software on any of my mobile devices. Not a single problem yet.