software prob

• Replies:4
john edward
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 21, 2012, 4:18:02 AM via Website

when i was installing the android version 4.0 to my s2 through odinn , an error message appeared on my pc (a problem caused the program to stop working correctly ) .
and my phone is not working at all except a pc with mobile are shown on screen
kindly help me to solve this problem
thank you

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 22, 2012, 2:52:08 AM via Website

Sounds like you only partially loaded the rom causing the phone to be corrupted. I'm not familiar with rooting, but do any of our rooters here have advice? Isn't there a way to boot into recovery mode and try loading the rom again?

john edward
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 22, 2012, 5:00:34 AM via Website

I tried updating my phone through KIES since I knew 2.3.5 was available for my phone, and it failed to update, so I tried to go into recovery mode, but I don't get that far, I only get to a screen where it shows a mobile phone and a computer wired together and the wire has a warning sign (like if it has no connection to a PC)

kane follis
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 16, 2012, 5:54:21 PM via App

ok first don't worry your phone is only soft bricked. I'm not familiar with your handset but I have recovered from a hard brick on my Samsung gal fascinate my advice search around for instructions to put the phone back into download mode on my sammy it was just a matter of connecting a 301 resistor in the micro USB and presto. then find a base Rom perferably the original Rom then flash it onto the phone and start fresh. basically your pc screwed up (not surprising really next time try using a Linux based os much more stable) good luck and if you are having trouble and no one else will help send me an email and I will do what I can however I am no expert
lovinblind@gmail.com

— modified on Apr 16, 2012, 5:54:44 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 3:18:44 PM via Website

kane follis
ok first don't worry your phone is only soft bricked. I'm not familiar with your handset but I have recovered from a hard brick on my Samsung gal fascinate my advice search around for instructions to put the phone back into download mode on my sammy it was just a matter of connecting a 301 resistor in the micro USB and presto. then find a base Rom perferably the original Rom then flash it onto the phone and start fresh. basically your pc screwed up (not surprising really next time try using a Linux based os much more stable) good luck and if you are having trouble and no one else will help send me an email and I will do what I can however I am no expert
lovinblind@gmail.com

Exactly this. As long as you can still boot to recovery or fastboot, your only soft bricked, meaning that you can always reflash the stock ROM to reset the phone back to the way it was.