Broken access to paid apps in App Center

• Replies:4
Omnius
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 26, 2011, 11:46:15 AM via App

I recently lost access to paid apps in the Androidpit App Center.

When I start the application, and go to the Categories tab, no apps in the Paid row is shown, and a short notice that no apps is available.

I have bought apps through the Application Center, also quite recently, so it's rather peculiar.
I am able to make a purchase of a select few apps, approx. 6-8 or so, when I go into the All Apps Category, but only 1 row is shown, whereas if I goto Free tab, a lot of apps is available.

I've tried a few things to see if I could come up with a remedy myself, such as uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing app cache with both Titanium backup and SD Maid, made sure that there was no connection limitations in my setup, be it ip filtering on my firewall or /etc/host file/ ip-table entries that could prevent my phone from accessing Androidpit servers, or other key servers concerning purchase validation, but I haven't found anything odd.
Neither does it help switching to 3G/4G, where thought wifi/router trouble might interfere.

I've tried changing my Androidpit account psw, and logging into my account on the web both on the phone and on my pc, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.
In-app settings with login details is correctly setup, and I can se all my apps in the My Apps tab, also updating is available, which wouldn't be there if credentials was wrong in the first place.

Anyone experienced this before and know how to correct the issue?

Any help appreciated, and thanks in advance..

Omnius

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Dec 26, 2011, 2:55:15 PM via Website

Hi Omnius, it sounds like if you would not be logged-in. You should find all your purchased apps in the "My Apps" category.

Could you please check if you are logged-in properly? You can check it, if you hit the menu button.

— modified on Dec 26, 2011, 2:55:55 PM

Omnius

Dec 26, 2011, 3:18:01 PM via App

Yep, app is logging in alright, and I can see all my applications, even apply updates to the ones that exist, but when I go to the Categories tab, every sub menu is empty in the Paid column, until I switch to Free tab, then I can see all free apps.

Also, I have no trouble searching for and purchasing an app, I did so just to test it out.
But all paid tabs is empty when I just browse categories.

It shows a message, cannot load.

It feels like it's not able to get the list of paid apps, but everything else seems to work..

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Dec 28, 2011, 12:03:39 PM via Website

When you paid for the apps, you should have got a confirmation email from us detailing what you paid for. Do you still have that? If so let me know and we can pass it on to the billing department and get this worked out.

Omnius

Jan 6, 2012, 7:54:15 PM via App

Yo ppl in da Android-Pithood.

It seems it has solved itself over the newyears days, as of now, I have regained full access to all paid apps in all Categories.
I did make 1 update through the App Center, and the following close and startup of the Androidpit App Center brought me back to square.
I can't say that this procedure was THE remedy, as the phenomenon appeared on another phone that did not go through an in-app app update, so I presume it was on your server-side that something got "fixed".

Anyway, thanks for havin' a go at trying to solve my problem.

Happy new year, and bring on some more discounts for the starving masses :-)

Sincerely, Mr. O