Google Galaxy Nexus — Wondering whether to buy the Nexus or the Galaxy S2?

• Replies:8
Anette West
  • Forum posts: 106

Dec 7, 2011, 6:06:51 PM via Website

I am in a bit of a pickle. I've played around with (and loved) my friend's Galaxy S2, but I'm conflicted because I also think the Galaxy Nexus will be a superior device but I'm not sure it'll be worth the extra $100 for me. I think ICS is great and all, but is it really worth almost a third more than the Galaxy Nexus? I'm not so sure, and especially considering the fact that the device won't be as thin as promised, I'm thinking the SGS2 will be the way to go. Am I crazy??

Alex M.
  • Forum posts: 36

Dec 25, 2011, 4:42:05 AM via App

I'd wail 'til CES in mars, hoping for sgs3 there.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Mar 16, 2012, 11:07:55 AM via Website

I was wondering as well but decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus because, frankly, I'd rather have a pure ICS experience than some bloatware and I think ROMS are imperfect creatures. I have to say I have NOT been disappointed. The Galaxy Nexus is an amazing device, and the only strike against it is its somewhat plasticky feel, but the Galaxy S2 has the same problem. Where I bought it, the Nexus was only about $50 more expensive (off-contract) -- totally worth it in my opinion.

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Mar 16, 2012, 1:52:00 PM via Website

I prefer the Gs2 to the nexus... I guess it is personal preference. I also think the camera in the GS2 is Much better. I use my phone to take lots of photos of the kids and stuff so it was the Gs2 for me.. I was dissapointed with the Nexus in photo tests-.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 19, 2012, 11:26:16 AM via Website

The camera was also what clinched the deal for me when I got my Galaxy S2. I liked the design of the Nexus better but the S2 just has a much better camera.

sunjatan.smith
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 4, 2012, 5:32:45 AM via Website

Nexus is great,though I don't know how about the Galaxy S2,but I have a Nexus,it works well now.

sunjatan.smith
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 4, 2012, 5:32:46 AM via Website

Nexus is great,though I don't know how about the Galaxy S2,but I have a Nexus,it works well now.

mikearnill
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 4, 2012, 8:38:41 AM via Website

I think one have to switch to galaxy s2, it would be kind of smart bet. It have damn huge screen, simple user controls and brilliant user interface and I guess that what makes it cool.

bayberry
  • Forum posts: 24

Sep 4, 2012, 11:45:19 AM via Website

Course is neus Andrews System 4.0. 4.65-inch screen, 1280 * 720 resolution, can shoot 1080p / HD video