Augmented Dictionary-SnaPanda- V1.0 release

• Replies:4
Brad Patterson
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 28, 2011, 3:22:43 PM via Website

What if you could learn any English word just by touching it ?

A year of hard work is behind us, and we're now out of Beta. STILL FREE ;-)

Market download: [app]SnaPanda English dictionary[/app]

V1.0 release updates :

- Our app's touch word recognition is super fast now. You'll be impressed (new algorithm)
- Social network share of new word discoveries (twitter/facebok/email/sms)
- For programmers there's a new API that lets you connect with our ecosystem
- For international students, there are high-frequency words lists for TOEFL®/TOEIC®

We'd love to have your feedback here or on the Android Market.

Thanks !

Brad and the SnaPanda team

Lilly Righteous
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 28, 2011, 4:21:33 PM via Website

I like the idea but I alread speak English :D Are you thinking of offering other languages? I'd really be interested in Spanish or Russian!

Brad Patterson

Sep 28, 2011, 4:23:56 PM via Website

Lilly Righteous
I like the idea but I alread speak English :D Are you thinking of offering other languages? I'd really be interested in Spanish or Russian!

Hi Lilly. Thanks for your question. For now, we're focusing 100% on English. No immediate plans for incorporating other languages. Cheers, Brad

— modified on Sep 28, 2011, 4:42:19 PM

Marshall Harris
  • Forum posts: 18

Sep 28, 2011, 4:33:45 PM via Website

Diddo. Other languages would be really cool thought its nice to see this type of app making its way onto Android. I came over from iOS where there were tones of language learning apps and I was disappointed to find out there was as much interest on the Android side for foreign langauegs.

Brad Patterson

Sep 28, 2011, 4:39:55 PM via Website

Marshall Harris
Diddo. Other languages would be really cool thought its nice to see this type of app making its way onto Android. I came over from iOS where there were tones of language learning apps and I was disappointed to find out there was as much interest on the Android side for foreign langauegs.

I know what you mean, Marshall, having used both platforms. Worth noting that SnaPanda ("this type of app") actually was born on Android--- opensource platform, opensource OCR, opensource dictionary.