Good and cheap starter Android phone

• Replies:4
Guilbert McEwans
  • Forum posts: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 2:44:45 PM via Website

Hey AndroidPit... I was wondering what you guys would think would be a good starting Android phone for my mother. Shes not that tech savy but wants a smartphone and told me to pick one out for her. I'm not sure what to get because with my Galaxy S2 she gets a bit confused about the options. Are there any good phones out there that run Android and are simple to use and cheap? I was thinking about getting A sony ericsson xperia x10 mini but I don't know if thats a good choice. What does the PIT think?

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 28, 2011, 3:59:21 PM via Website

In my opinian Ericsson Xperia is never a good choice..
Try a HTC. I would buy my mom a HTC Wildfire (Starter Phone), or the new HTC Rhyme (Mid-Class, wich comes with free Dock and other stuff)

Lilly Righteous
  • Forum posts: 14

Sep 28, 2011, 4:19:57 PM via Website

Whats wrong with the Xperia series? I don't know too much but I like the Xperia Play when I got my hands on it and I think the OS is pretty much basic Android. Did I miss something? HTC is nice but I think at the beginning the HTC sense sytem could be a little confusing....

Ryan
  • Forum posts: 146

Sep 28, 2011, 4:25:19 PM via Website

Lilly Righteous
Whats wrong with the Xperia series? I don't know too much but I like the Xperia Play when I got my hands on it and I think the OS is pretty much basic Android. Did I miss something? HTC is nice but I think at the beginning the HTC sense sytem could be a little confusing....

never tried Xperia Play.
my sister has an Xperia X8 and it keeps shutting down itself everytime. Same problem on the phone of my Drummer (Xperia Mini Pro)
So I'm not that into Xperia ;)
The new Sense 3.5 (wich is on rhyme) looks very tidy :)

but anyway everyone should try some systems in a phone store, so he/she can figure out wich he/she likes most

Arthur Cushman
  • Forum posts: 22

Sep 28, 2011, 4:54:13 PM via Website

The HTC Wildfire is a good choice as its not to expensive for what you get and the Sense system normally impressise people when they first get to Android.

I might get some flak for this but the Huawei also have something going for them because they pack decetn hardware at really bottom of the barrel prices. If shes not sure she wants to make the jump to Android that might not be a bad choice.