What are good apps for looking up podcasts

• Replies:1
Jenny Preston
  • Forum posts: 47

Sep 5, 2011, 6:17:24 PM via Website

What's the best app for browsing podcasts?
This is my first ever post. New to Android and missing iTunes store for browsing podcasts. I am looking for a good android app which makes browsing for them easy. My thoughts on those I have looked at up to now:

BeyondPod - looks like it has lots of features, but interface is complex. Browsing for podcasts was also complex and kept returning non-podcast material.
Google Reader - browsing functions were extremely poor - kept returning the same dozen or so suggestions. Interface looked nice, though.
myPOD - interface looks really complicated. BUT I am willing to spend time with a good app, whether paid or free, if browsing functions are strong.

Have not looked at DoggCatcher or any others yet. Or should I stay with iTunes, if so, best app for getting podcasts on my Samsung Galaxy SII?

What do people recommend? As I say, a strong browsing ability is paramount for me as I like hunting down the obscure. I like to both stream and download, but am not bothered about having podcasts automatically download new episodes as I prefer to do that manually.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 5, 2011, 6:20:49 PM via Website

You have a couple of good ones lited there but for my money BeyondPod is the best deal out. Both lite and full versions are easy to use and fairly user friendly. Loading podcast addresses could be made easier but other then that I can't complain at all.