Viber

• Replies:88
Ian Simmons
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 11, 2013, 2:14:37 PM via Website

Hi, I have Viber and generally it works well.

A friend recently created a Group that included me; there are 8 persons in the group and all of them are in my Contacts and their names display when they message me individually. However all but 2 of the group members show as 'Unknown' when they message the group. Does anyone know why this would be, and what can I do about it? I have tried to delete one of the accounts and enter it again, but it makes no difference.

Many thanks

Viber
  • Forum posts: 46

Feb 14, 2013, 12:57:34 PM via Website

Ian Simmons
Hi, I have Viber and generally it works well.

A friend recently created a Group that included me; there are 8 persons in the group and all of them are in my Contacts and their names display when they message me individually. However all but 2 of the group members show as 'Unknown' when they message the group. Does anyone know why this would be, and what can I do about it? I have tried to delete one of the accounts and enter it again, but it makes no difference.

Many thanks

Hi,

Do all of these contacts have the latest version of Viber installed?

Ian Simmons

Feb 14, 2013, 3:37:38 PM via Website

Yes, they have all just downloaded it on the recommendation of the person who created the group,
and whose name appears without any problem.

Thanks

Viber

Feb 16, 2013, 7:37:17 AM via Website

Ian Simmons
Yes, they have all just downloaded it on the recommendation of the person who created the group,
and whose name appears without any problem.

Thanks

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

moderator784
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 16, 2013, 4:17:43 PM via Website

Alex Irwin
Has anyone tried this Viber app and been pleased? The reception for me has been really bad. And the fact that so few people are on it is kind of a bummer, too. I don't know...what do you think?

Its the Excellent app ....

i tried & downloaded from Latest free app ::

warun(dot)org

Aruchiid Alii

Feb 23, 2013, 11:51:51 AM via Website

I've tried to use "EXIT" and yes it does stop the application.
But once if I send or receive a text message, viber self launches and I've to EXIT the app again. Already tried disabling the "reply with viber when possible".
No luck yet.
Any solution to this?

PirateApp
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 23, 2013, 3:26:14 PM via Website

good app, but not better from WhatsApp!!

Viber is good only for calling! :)

Viber

Feb 24, 2013, 9:02:32 AM via Website

Aruchiid Alii
I've tried to use "EXIT" and yes it does stop the application.
But once if I send or receive a text message, viber self launches and I've to EXIT the app again. Already tried disabling the "reply with viber when possible".
No luck yet.
Any solution to this?

Viber acts a free "substitute" to your cellular services. As such, if you choose to exit it, it literally IS closed, but it does reappear only when there is an incoming Viber call or text message. This behavior cannot be turned off, since it will defeat the purpose of the service that we provide ;) This is how it is designed, in order to guarantee that it stays available for calls and text messages. Otherwise the purpose of the app is quite lost, no? ;)

Coyotentropico

Feb 25, 2013, 10:03:56 AM via Website

Hi there, I was using Viber on my phone but the day before yesterday I tried to open the app and the only thing I get is a black screen, it stays like that for five to ten seconds and then it goes back to the main screen, nothing happens... I already tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it (and when I do so I get the "enter your phone number" screen) but I keep suffering the same issue.
Any clues on the matter?
Thanks!

Vishnu
  • Forum posts: 3

Feb 25, 2013, 2:56:47 PM via Website

Even I experianced the same... When I sit and talk near my Wi Fi router, it says "low singal" and when I sit away from it but within range it shows "excellent singnal" with poor sound quality... planning to uninstall it !!

Vishnu

Feb 25, 2013, 2:58:24 PM via Website

which mobile/ OS version are you using !?

i think you are facing this issue bcoz of your mobile OS...!!

Viber

Feb 26, 2013, 12:36:05 PM via Website

@Coyotentropico -

What phone do you have? Which version of Android?

@Vishnu -

Sometimes 3G reception could be low, and this is something we cannot control. Naturally this affects Viber's call quality and results in disruptions and broken sound.
We are continuously trying to improve our handling of 3G, so you can expect better performance as newer versions of Viber are released.

Meanwhile, WiFi- WiFi calls on Viber should generally be very clear and are free of such disruptions.

Kiezi Collier

Apr 21, 2013, 6:18:38 AM via Website

I have viber on my phone and it works perfectly with wifi and was working fine with 3G until about a week ago. Now it works with wifi but not at all with 3G. I need this fixed urgently!

Viber

Apr 21, 2013, 7:24:47 PM via Website

Kiezi Collier
I have viber on my phone and it works perfectly with wifi and was working fine with 3G until about a week ago. Now it works with wifi but not at all with 3G. I need this fixed urgently!

Hi,
What country are you located in? Which cellular network?

Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend to contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

nick p

Apr 25, 2013, 1:07:35 PM via Website

Hi,
i find viber a great app..
instead I've got a usage problem, i didn't have when using ios.
Whether viber was running or not, used to take all notifications (mostly text) without being connected to a wifi nor 3g.
Just with the simple 2g-gsm network. Why isn't this happening to android ? Big difference..
Maybe this occurs to the Cellular Data option iphone has?
Thanks in advance..

sam kaddour

Apr 25, 2013, 5:26:36 PM via Website

hello i am facing a problem with viber, on the 3g service it works but it doesnt connect, it used to connect on the wifi but now it doesn't even turn on if the wifi is on. is there anything that i should do?

Vu Minh Thang
  • Forum posts: 13

Apr 26, 2013, 2:59:49 AM via Website

I use viber about 1 year and it's one of the best app for free calling and sms

val swital

Apr 29, 2013, 11:13:35 PM via Website

hi i changed network from THREE uk to VIRGIN uk and i can't sent pictures messages on viber any more, text messages working well , any idea why , i reinstall app many time and i did factory reset my galaxy ace 5830i.

Dua'a Al-Amid

Jun 2, 2013, 4:41:02 PM via Website

Hi viber..
love the APP so grateful for it so useful..

Although i have a problem recently ... When i re-size a picture on my iPad (crop) then send to my iPhone to put it as my profile pic it changes automatically to a BOYS' picture that i never seen/known before nor have the picture itself...
Would you know why this happens?
Its very scary and annoying.

Mi Tja

Jun 17, 2013, 4:09:26 PM via Website

Viber
Hi all,
This is a member of the Viber development team!
I'm here to help you with any info you need about Viber, questions, suggestions, etc.
I'll start with what's already been asked here:

I have NEW HTC One and the lates Viber app instaled on it. Its ok but have one problem. I CANNOT send any pictures to ANYBODY!!! WHY???

Please help

Life Rock

Jul 1, 2013, 1:37:03 AM via Website

I am using Viber for long time on my HTC One X. and now going to use on my windows pc.
My Query is whenever i received picture on viber, I loose quality of picture.
eg, Someone sent me 8MP pic and i receive only 2MP.
Is this feature to save bandwidth for user or my phone have bug ?
If this is feature , Is it possible to add option in setting to keep Media Quality. So sender & receiver can decide quality.

Thanks
Rocky

Kevin Kim

Jul 1, 2013, 2:10:53 AM via Website

I am currently using WhatsApp....should I change to Viber?? I heard it is more clean and easy to use. Thanks!

BigramX

Jul 1, 2013, 11:12:12 AM via Website

Thank you for the excelent app! :)

Zhan Mikryikov

Jul 5, 2013, 10:17:23 PM via Website

great

Karl Sruhe

Jul 16, 2013, 1:09:52 AM via Website

I'm having a problem where the contact profile display is not showing in the conversation layout, but when I click the 'grey man' default photo it opens up the profile of my contact, with a photo. I can't see it as a thumbnail but I can see it in their viber profile. Why is this? How do I fix this so that the thumbnail correctly shows the photo they've put up, as seen in their profile page.

Any help is welcomed, thanks!

Dejan Dragas

Nov 15, 2013, 12:26:39 AM via Website

Greetings! I have Samsung Galaxy Y and have a "problem" with my Viber app. After reinstallation a few monts ago, i have noticed that my conversation with my friends have been "enriched" with two groups that i never created and which contains some people that i never knew or know at all! And it also stands that I am a part of that group too!!! Usually, i don't give a penny for that, but I have a personal problem with my girlfriend and GOD knows that i didn't do anything! :'''( Please, help!!!
Sincerely, D.Dejan

switcandy

Dec 21, 2013, 7:34:49 PM via Website

Greetings!

I'm having problems using viber , my phone is turning off everytime I use it, it's turning off automatically and I still have to remove my battery from my phone just to reopen my unit again. I already warranty my phone thinking that my phone has a problem and then I ready ask for replacement from the cloudfone company due about the same reasons of the phone but I already have the new unit but still when I use my viber it's still the same issue that I've got

adel asem

Jan 12, 2014, 7:15:44 AM via Website

I agree with you. I have downloaded the apps and found out it was the worst most slowest apps I've used. Slow to open and so slow to operate and even close. I am leaving it to other much faster applications. I hope it's owners realize this defect in there software.

mecaca

Mar 13, 2014, 9:05:25 AM via Website

I am using samsung galaxy note 2, I could buy viber out credit but when I try to buy sticker it says "This purchase can't be completed because your device doesn't support In-App Purchases. Please contact Viber support at: helpme.viber.com." how can I buy sticker?

— modified on Mar 13, 2014, 9:07:09 AM

Majid Khoshnasib

Jun 6, 2014, 12:42:25 PM via Website

I have the same problem. PLZ HELP...

zual Bizati

Nov 24, 2014, 4:36:13 PM via Website

i just bought viber out credit . im trying to make a call to landline number but it doesnt let me . when i press to make a viber out call, a screen appears suggesting to buy credit.i bought credit 3 times thinking it didnt go through the first time. now i have $ 15 credit but still cant make a viber out call. please help

James Williamson

May 23, 2015, 1:37:12 PM via Website

I have a few issues with Viber. I love the app in general but there are problems.

1) Even on wi-fi to wi-fi calling. Whomever initiates the call hears the audio fine. Whomever gets called hears their own voice echoes horribly. Very horribly. Of we make the same call on skype or just regular mobile to mobile there are no issues. I'm on a 50Mbps/50Mbps internet connection. He is on 25Mbps/10Mbps connection using the latest version of the app.

2) A big annoyance is that due to the size of my phone for stability when holding it, I support the phone from falling forward by using my first finger on my right hand pressed up against the top right of the phone while I text. I try to stay on the edge of the decide but I end up initiating calls constantly be of the location is where the call button is. Can you guys either move it to prevent accident pressing or have an option to move it or disable it in the app?

3) When I send stickers from my desktop to my partner's mobile device he often gets blank stickers on his end. What's the issue and how do we fix it?

Thank you. I hope you can address these issues and make the app even better.

Bernadette Laiño

Oct 21, 2015, 7:37:59 PM via Website

Hi,

What will be my status if I use the exit button? Will I still appear online? Will I still receive call and messages?

Stephanie Riggs

Oct 31, 2016, 1:24:20 PM via Website

loved it

Ivy HarrisClair Leitney

Shayne Smith
  • Forum posts: 9

Nov 1, 2016, 12:17:28 AM via Website

i use it often and it works really well for me. very clear

tisse mish
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 28, 2016, 8:50:40 PM via Website

Viber is better alternative for any messaging app

Angelika Joenathan

Jan 2, 2018, 11:09:06 AM via Website

How to root your android phone properly?

When I opened my phone on a new year's morning, the first thing popped-up is the Viber phone number registration. Which was surprising because I have been using it on all my devices for the last few years and haven't had anything like that. After I registerred and signed in, I have noticed that the messages for the past 2 months have been erased. So, that's when I understood I need to learn how to root my phone but also found out it's not that easy. It's hard to find the right app or software to root the phone, they either have hidden charges at the end, or they might come with viruses and bloatware, others didn't pass the apps' acceptable requirements and needed to be downloaded at you own risk.

I wanted to write a post asking for rooting android phone advice because it's not just the risk of catching the virus which is a big deal itself but even bigger reason that the rooting opens the gates to the devil and it might be lucrative for companies and individuals to invest and take advantage off people while one is distructed by desperately trying to restore the history, and possibly very memorable pieces of information. But also, I read there is a high chance that rooting your phone may not go well and stumble on issues.

Any suggestions on how to root android samsung A5 2017 phone would be vastly appreciated. Thanks!

milcho43

Dec 23, 2018, 10:12:10 PM via Website

I wanted to buy VIBER OUT CREDIT. I use viber out.
I paid $ 8.99 for CALL WORLDWIDE UNLIMITED and I get nothing.
I see I have active plan but that's all. After my payment my credit is ZERO and I can call no one.
FAQ do not work,NO HELP.NO E-MAIL.
I will not pay second time for the same thing. If I could not find solution of my problem will never use Viber again.
Payment ID: 606638 ( last 6 digits ) Dec 23 2018 / 1:43pm / Chicago time.
Please help me.