Help texting photos

• Replies:21
Kerry Wagner
  • Forum posts: 32

Sep 3, 2010, 2:37:00 PM via App

Can't seem to text photos taken on my phone, have a droid running 2.2 with FRG22D update. Photo sizes are around 1kb. Are they to large of files to text? Do I need to re-size smaller to text? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Sep 3, 2010, 3:07:34 PM via Website

I recommend using "Handcent SMS" for all your text messaging needs; it will resize the photo automatically.

Handcent fully unleashes the messaging power for Android phone

Full SMS/MMS Support
Group Sending Options
SMS Popup w/Quick Text
Customize Look w/Theme Support
Individual Contact Notification/Look settings
Security Lock Options
Animated Greetings

Market Link

— modified on Sep 3, 2010, 3:15:22 PM

Kerry Wagner

Sep 3, 2010, 3:34:20 PM via App

Thanks will give it a try

Kerry Wagner

Sep 3, 2010, 5:36:02 PM via App

No luck so far, it resized my photo but still not sending, stuck in sending loop

Kerry Wagner

Sep 4, 2010, 3:12:25 AM via App

No luck even sending to self, says unable to send at this time will send to service until able, so far I'm stumped, believe I should be able to send MMS messages. Keep playing with settings see what happens. If have any further ideas i'm open to them, greatly appreciated.

Kerry Wagner

Sep 4, 2010, 4:06:39 AM via App

I did just notice that am no longer able to change pixel size in camera anymore since updates, wanted to try and shoot at 1 or 2 megapixels to see if could send pic, but can't change pic size anymore, does this mean camera stuck at 5 megapixels?

Randy Merrell
  • Forum posts: 58

Sep 6, 2010, 5:35:02 AM via Website

I'm not sure what your using to text pictures. I just sent a photo from my camera by pressing the menu and selecting messaging to my daughter and she replied "got it". Is that what your trying to do?

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 6, 2010, 1:27:57 PM via Website

It sounds like there might be something wrong with your Droid, as opposed to you doing something wrong. Were you ever able to send pictures in an message, or did this start recently? What I do is, I take a picture, look at it in the picture viewer, click share, and can send it to an individual. very simple. What exactly is your method that yo have been trying?

Kerry Wagner

Sep 7, 2010, 3:16:02 AM via App

Using the same method as you, take pictures then try to share through viewer but to no avail, just continually says message being sent is pending or unable to send at this time. Right now I'm using Handcent for texting but neither this one or stock work. I have only been able to send 1 photos since have had phone.

— modified on Sep 7, 2010, 3:20:38 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 8, 2010, 6:49:12 AM via Website

Sounds like it's a problem with your internet connection. Do you have 3g access, and is it turned on? Can you browse the web?

Kerry Wagner

Sep 8, 2010, 3:36:53 PM via App

Yes to both, still haven't fiqured it out, I set Handcent MMS size to max which is 2M, last photo tried to text was 1500kb. Odd because I can upload all my photos to my Smugmug acct with no problem. Guess will have to see what Verizon has to say.

Jeremiah

Sep 9, 2010, 6:38:51 AM via Website

Are you roaming? Perhaps it's some problem with your carrier not allowing to send sms while roaming?

Jeremiah

Sep 9, 2010, 6:51:05 AM via Website

Have you previously rooted your phone and installed a custom rom, before you got the official 2.2 update? I saw on another forum some other people were having this problem and they thought it was because they had rooted before.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/13008-cant-send-pictures-through-mms.html

They suggested turning off voicemail forwarding, seemed to help some, not others. Also the guy finally called version and they ended up sending him a new phone.

— modified on Sep 9, 2010, 6:51:45 AM

Kerry Wagner

Sep 12, 2010, 7:26:52 PM via App

Just rooted my phone & problem solved, now able to send pics. Thanks for everyone's help.

Douglas Carter

Sep 13, 2010, 11:36:40 AM via Website

Kerry Wagner
Just rooted my phone & problem solved, now able to send pics. Thanks for everyone's help.

You just rooted your phone and that solved the problem? That is really strange to say the least. Who recommended to root the phone as a fix for your problem?

Kerry Wagner

Sep 14, 2010, 1:31:13 AM via App

No one, have been going back & forth on giving root a try. Just coincidence that it worked after. Am very happy I rooted, no problem as of yet but noticeable difference in speed of phone. Also was able to re-upgrade to FRG22D after rooting.

Kerry Wagner

Sep 14, 2010, 2:14:40 PM via App

yes it's great, thanks

Linda Carlson
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 8:23:20 PM via Website

I had the same problem. I called i wireless and they walked me through it. It is fixed. you have to go to settings; wireless and networks; mobile networks; access point names; change the web 2 to web 1. You have to do this every time you send a pic, or recieve. I hope this helps!

Douglas Carter

Oct 21, 2010, 2:49:25 PM via Website

Linda Carlson
I had the same problem. I called i wireless and they walked me through it. It is fixed. you have to go to settings; wireless and networks; mobile networks; access point names; change the web 2 to web 1. You have to do this every time you send a pic, or recieve. I hope this helps!

That sounds like you are doing it the hard way. There must be a better way to do it which doesn't involve going into the settings like that every time. What kind of phone do you have?

bilallucky
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 12:14:02 PM via Website

No one, have been going back & forth on giving root a try. Just coincidence that it worked after. Am very happy I rooted, no problem as of yet but noticeable difference in speed of phone. Also was able to re-upgrade to FRG22D after rooting.