Allow Mock Locations?

• Replies:23
ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Sep 4, 2010, 6:25:24 AM via App

hi jay
l believe it works w/ gps for example if you dont want anyone with a gps locator locate your exact location you use this device and it will put you about 2 to 3 blocks away from where your actualy at. l constantly have mine on cause my family luvs to use the gps to keep an eye on me.lol try it if you don't like it you can always un check it. *G*

English is my second Language :-)

CanaanDreadzRuben Santiago

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Sep 5, 2010, 4:06:29 AM via App

Silly me forgot to tell you that you can check how it works by using google maps + menu+ locate me:^) as for helping you w/the explanation part, i just happen to know that one.lol i pick up quite a bit more bright idea from you and from other members, but that's why were here right? to learn and help each other out. :^) have a great labor day weekend.

— modified on Sep 5, 2010, 4:29:13 AM

English is my second Language :-)

damponting44CanaanDreadzRuben Santiago

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 6, 2010, 12:38:54 PM via Website

Weird. Well, I don't use Latitude, or have anyone tracking my location that I know of, so I don't think I need to use this. I don't think I'd use it at all, especially if I forgot I turned it on, and was trying to locate myself on Google Maps.

damponting44

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 8, 2010, 6:57:06 AM via Website

I believe mock locations setting is used for development. I know with the android emulator you can telnet into the emulator and give the emulator a location, so that you can test your gps apps. It should work on a real phone too, if you have it connected to your computer through usb. Mock locations turns on or off this functionality.

damponting44

Jack McCarron
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 10, 2010, 6:40:12 PM via Website

I have a very valuable use for Mock Locations. I am a full-time RVer and travel the USA constantly. While traveling, GPS constantly tells me where I am. However, when i want to know the location of campgrounds for the night, search engines and apps like "Places" and "Where" will only search the area where GPS says I am NOW. Mock locations (using My Fake Location) allows me to search the area where I WILL BE later in the day by faking the GPS location. Works GREAT.

Jack

Nathan MillerBill Adamsdamponting44

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Sep 15, 2011, 9:55:42 AM via Website

So it sounds like it sends a fake location to GPS. For more information about Google Maps, click here.

damponting44

Elwin Marlatt

Jul 3, 2012, 9:55:09 PM via Website

Its mainly used for development of apps that are going to use gps data. You enable it so you can test an app by having your phone show mock locations for your gps data to make sure the app is working correctly. Would be the easy answer, of course you have to have the app call for mock locations and generate different locations that your phone is not at for gps data but that is all done in the code.

Bill Adamsdamponting44

bruce alband

Aug 17, 2012, 8:04:41 AM via Website

Mock location
Mock the location designated by/for wifi signal you would be using.
Connect to net on my router you location is my adress plus 50 foot radius
Mock locate also used for many types addon gps units. Bluetooth or usb connect
Mock the location it offers you

Bill Adamsdamponting44

ISA Nexus
  • Forum posts: 21

Dec 27, 2012, 8:50:26 PM via Website

exactly

ken

Apr 4, 2013, 3:51:55 PM via Website

Of course the down side to having this turned on is if you lose your phone and try to use a gps locator such as " lookout.com" like i do...your acuracy is going to be way down.

Bill Adams

Angelina Vorase

Nov 19, 2015, 5:53:46 PM via Website

Jeremiah

I believe mock locations setting is used for development. I know with the android emulator you can telnet into the emulator and give the emulator a location, so that you can test your gps apps. It should work on a real phone too, if you have it connected to your computer through usb. Mock locations turns on or off this functionality.

Bill Adams

Rafey Iqbal Rahman
  • Forum posts: 20

Nov 21, 2015, 3:00:23 PM via App

This is used for not letting others know about your exact location. This also implies to the apps which track your location. NOTE THAT it will not let anybody know your exact location but this will not display entirely fake location.

— modified on Nov 22, 2015, 11:29:03 AM

Bill Adams

Supriya Nair

Mar 9, 2016, 9:36:57 AM via Website

I did activate developer options but my mock location is greyed out and is not letting me check it.
Is there any reason why the option is greyed out in my Samsung note 4

alvin rajan

Jul 23, 2016, 2:09:51 AM via Website

I check mock location but when I leave that menu it doesn't save... like it's checked when I check the box but when I back out and come back in... it's unchecked, it won't save it for some reason, I wanna turn mock location on and leave it on... can anyone Lend a hand plz

kaimin lin

Aug 6, 2016, 3:00:14 PM via Website

Yeah i have the same problem, and i dont know how to fix it

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 10, 2016, 6:57:26 AM via Website

I have an exceptionally profitable use for Mock Locations. I am a full-time RVer and venture to every part of the USA always. While voyaging, GPS always lets me know where I am. Nonetheless, when i need to know the area of campgrounds for the night, web search tools and applications like "Spots" and "Where" will just hunt the region where GPS says I am NOW. Ridicule areas (utilizing My Fake Location) permits me to seek the region where I WILL BE later in the day by faking the GPS area. Works GREAT.

Daniel Stravato

Jan 6, 2017, 11:37:53 PM via Website

Hello I have the same issue. Developer options is enabled but mock location app is grayed out. Have you found a fix?

Nathan Miller

Dec 20, 2017, 4:49:10 AM via Website

Thank you Jack! I don't have an RV yet but I travel constantly and this will save me from a headache or two for sure!

Ron C

Jan 14, 2018, 1:20:05 AM via Website

This makes it sound like you think your phone can send the GPS system/satellites information... but I hope all of you know that the GPS system in your phone (or any GPS navigation system) is a RECEIVE ONLY device. There's no way that the DOD would want anyone sending data to their satellites! :)

Kimberly Stephenson

Apr 12, 2018, 7:37:02 AM via Website

You have to have certain apps on your phone for it to work.these are the options my S8 gives me.. .from the play store.. Fake Location Spoofer Free. image

— modified on Apr 12, 2018, 7:46:19 AM