AndroidPIT Launches App Center

• Replies:13
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 26, 2010, 1:19:20 PM via Website

I'm proud to announce a new addition to AndroidPIT's offerings: App Center. App Center is a new app from the AndroidPIT team which gives access to the test reports, news stories, forums, and the AndroidPIT App Database. In addition, when looking at an app in the App Center, you can also download the app through the App Center, if the app has been uploaded to the AndroidPIT App Database.

If the app is not in our database, the App Center will provide a link taking you to the Android Market, where the app can be downloaded. The AndroidPIT App Database includes more payment options: PayPal and voucher codes. In addition, users retain the right of app refund, as would be expected.

Upcoming features of the app will include the ability to purchase your apps directly on the website, pay easily using ClickandBuy, and save installed apps in your AndroidPIT profile and install them smoothly on your new phone!

Coming soon to App Center will be the ability to select apps on the AndroidPIT app database that you want to download. After an app is marked, you can go to your Android phone, start up the App Center, and the app will inform you of your previous selections, and ask if you want the apps to be downloaded. Then, the app(s) will be downloaded onto the phone. Look for this upcoming feature soon!

If you are interested in downloading App Center, head over to this page on your Android phone and download the file, or visit this link. Details on how to install the app are available here.

If you have problems with the app, please explain the problem in detail, and we will work hard to figure out the problems you are having.

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Aug 27, 2010, 3:57:37 AM via App

Great improvement to this app Douglas. This is the most used app I have....and I have a lot! It was strange to have to replace the app instead of updating, only because you then need to delete the original. A small price to pay though. Keep up the good work

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Aug 27, 2010, 3:59:39 AM via App

so should we go ahead and uninstall the original androidpit if we get this new app

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 27, 2010, 11:21:58 AM via Website

Casey Beth
Great improvement to this app Douglas. This is the most used app I have....and I have a lot! It was strange to have to replace the app instead of updating, only because you then need to delete the original. A small price to pay though. Keep up the good work

I didn't develop the app. Sven from the German side is the main person responsible for the app's development, from what I understand.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Aug 30, 2010, 9:11:41 AM via Website

justJay
Question: Why did we launch a new app instead of just updating the current AndroidPIT app?

One more reason: the store would not survive very long in the Google Android Market... ;-) It would be delisted within one or two days.

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Sep 2, 2010, 7:58:14 PM via Website

Now it's much more useful as "app manager". After the update I can see all my apps. Even the apps I downloaded with the Google market. And it notify me also of new Google market updates. What I want to say: Now I can use it as full Google market replacement.

Thanks Sven and the AndroidPIT-team

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Sep 2, 2010, 9:42:16 PM via App

how come the majority of the apps cannot be updated through this app? the

Terry C.
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 17, 2011, 8:02:09 PM via Website

Hi
I know this is an old thread but thought it was the most applicable place.
I loaded the App Center onto my CnM Touchpad II, it works great, with one little niggle. I tried a few free apps to see the extent of the units capabilities , but uninstalled them. Now everytime the App starts it goes into My Apps and list all those I have removed from the unit as "Ready for installation".
As I no longer want them is there a way to delete this list.

Edit
Found the answer, it was easy, all I had to do was find the app on my PC and select uninstall. Once done just had to select sync from app center and they where gone.

— modified on Apr 26, 2011, 10:55:18 PM