its a "phone"? HELP

• Replies:10
Jrod W
  • Forum posts: 43

Aug 24, 2010, 6:03:29 PM via App

I am desperate! My loved Droid 1 has a huge problem after the update. It can't complete a call now. Every time I try it either messes up the sound to the point that no one can understand me or about 5 seconds into the call it emits a high pitched tone until I hang up. Then the call stays active and wont let me hang up, which also keeps me off 3g. I have tried everything from "*228" to a full factory reset.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 25, 2010, 11:59:58 AM via Website

Does your phone have some sort of "crystal call" or something like that? I have heard of that program causing problems with call quality. I've never heard your type of problem before. I would call motorola and/or your provider and ask them what your options are, if justJay's solution and a factory reset haven't worked.

Jrod W

Aug 25, 2010, 5:51:09 PM via App

tryed *228 options 1and 2 and no crystal call. I chatted with Motorola tech support and they are stumped too.

Jrod W

Aug 25, 2010, 6:51:03 PM via App

update! i went to the local verizon dealer and they did the whole "hold power and x" trick. that fixed it, but they dont know why the regular data reset from the menu didnt. And i learned a neat trick, calling #832 will restore your apps after a data reset

— modified on Aug 25, 2010, 6:51:37 PM

Douglas Carter

Aug 26, 2010, 12:15:01 PM via Website

Jrod W
update! i went to the local verizon dealer and they did the whole "hold power and x" trick. that fixed it, but they dont know why the regular data reset from the menu didnt. And i learned a neat trick, calling #832 will restore your apps after a data reset

I'd never heard that #832 thing before either. Weird, but thanks for the info, and I'm glad to hear you got your phone fixed.

Jrod W

Sep 1, 2010, 9:20:02 PM via App

Well my Droid is acting up again. I called a tech support and they said all they can do is send me a new phone.

Douglas Carter

Sep 6, 2010, 12:52:51 PM via Website

Have you gotten another Droid already, or have they sent you a Droid 2 as a replacment? The Droid is no longer sold on Verizon's site, so I'm curious as to how they will replace it.

Jrod W

Sep 6, 2010, 5:33:52 PM via App

I now have a "certified like new" replacement Droid 1. They said as long as they are able to replace it with the D1 they can't upgrade to the D2 for defective units.

nick levy
  • Forum posts: 29

Sep 7, 2010, 7:02:34 PM via App

I have the same problem wit my Droid...I did all the same tricks aswell but nothing...I got a new coming in the mail

Jrod W

Sep 8, 2010, 12:15:46 AM via App

Nick I'm sorry to hear of your problem. I know how annoying this glitch can be. But I have to admit that its a little comforting knowing I'm not the only one.