Droid X Forum - rant & rave!

• Replies:14
Salvatore
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 27, 2010, 7:11:26 AM via App

rant & rave general questions. and comments.

Salvatore

Jul 27, 2010, 4:26:40 PM via App

I absolutely love the size to read on! Very Functional. It really fits anywhere and is not too big like most would think also makes my small phone feel like a brick. The X is very thin and lightweight, I keep checking, forget its in my pocket. I customized the 7 screens with tons of options it looks very cool and is impressive. Tons of Free apps! This phone can do anything and the screen really shows off, no squinting. It's like a mini kindle with tons of free books. Super fast processor is amazing. HDMI cable to HDTV. HDMI Docking station to tv makes it a widget filled alarm clock with pic show, weather, HD video to tv, you can customize the alarm widgets. You can set your mp3 as ringtone, and even edit the ringtone. Everything looks spectacular on the large screen. I can't put it down.

— modified on Dec 19, 2011, 6:07:57 PM by moderator

Salvatore

Jul 28, 2010, 9:43:07 AM via App

add on but worth it. @ 49 before discounts. paid 39. if your a verizon cust for a while.

Salvatore

Aug 4, 2010, 1:13:23 AM via App

what I was asking! any problems. favorite apps. upload problems. OS facebook youtube uploads? example: I upload a photo to facebook it comes out sideways even if I rotate it. also there is no option I can find to upload video to fbook. i have to post it to youtube then use their interface to post Droix X video to fbook. also my photo widget does not want to post to my homepage as a shortcut just takes me to my pics and doesn't place it in my homepage.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Aug 4, 2010, 11:16:41 AM via Website

Hmm, sounds like you have a lot of issues with your phone. You might want to consider contacting customer service and voice your concerns or recommend some fixes in the next update.

Salvatore

Aug 9, 2010, 5:23:09 AM via App

figured it out. just go to your apps page hold down app for 3 seconds and it copies it to whatever homepage your on at the time. simple!

Scott Spencer

Sep 21, 2010, 2:52:28 PM via Website

Having problem with mail and messages apps. When I touch messages or mail the application opens quickly but then closes right back up. Does anyone know where to go to get the Droidx messages and mail apps. Maybe I can uninstall and re-install it.

Douglas Carter

Sep 21, 2010, 4:25:45 PM via Website

What phone do you have? The phone pictured in your profile looks like a Verizon Droid Incredible, but your phone info shows a Droid/Milestone, and you are asking about the Droid X. Which is it, as I am so confused?

If you are having problems with the messaging apps, I would suggest several things. Check to make sure your phone has enough memory to work properly, and adjust accordingly. Restart the phone. Try a third party messaging app and see if that fits your needs. If you still want to use the proprietary messaging apps, you can do a factory data reset, which will remove all previously installed apps, restoring the phone to the state it was when you started it the first time. In addition, once the Android 2.2 update comes around, your problem may get fixed (maybe).

— modified on Sep 21, 2010, 4:26:16 PM

humdinger2011
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 11:04:26 PM via App

Does anyone know if and when the Droid X will get the gingerbread update?

Douglas Carter

Jan 12, 2011, 3:40:40 PM via Website

I have not heard anything from Verizon regarding when a Gingerbread update for any of their released products might get released.

— modified on Jan 12, 2011, 3:40:50 PM

chris foster
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 9:39:08 PM via App

The docking station cost 30 dollars, and is sold seperatly.

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Jan 26, 2011, 8:10:28 AM via Website

The end of life date for the Droid X, according to Verizon database, at least, is March 31st, 2011. So, it might not ever see Gingerbread. I was also reading some rumors on them working on a second gen Droid X, possibly world phone.