Eris rocks..

• Replies:36
Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Jun 21, 2010, 10:44:22 AM via App

dude I know what u mean Eris is the shizznit...I have CRAZY APPS...gesture search, Pandora, asphalt racing game, printershare, and I use it as my wireless keyboard and mouse for my laptap..it's redunkulous!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 21, 2010, 1:49:44 PM via Website

Anthony m
dude I know what u mean Eris is the shizznit...I have CRAZY APPS...gesture search, Pandora, asphalt racing game, printershare, and I use it as my wireless keyboard and mouse for my laptap..it's redunkulous!

That mouse/keyboard ability, what app is that or how do you do it? Do you know if it works on Android 1.6 devices?

Anthony m
  • Forum posts: 34

Jun 21, 2010, 6:32:15 PM via App

the app is called remotedroid..it does work for 1.6 Cuz that's when I first tried it out... basically u have to have the computer and Eris connected to the same wireless network and download the software on ur computer

— modified on Jun 21, 2010, 6:33:43 PM

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Jun 21, 2010, 8:06:29 PM via App

Anthony m
the app is called remotedroid..it does work for 1.6 Cuz that's when I first tried it out... basically u have to have the computer and Eris connected to the same wireless network and download the software on ur computer
I believe it's called pRemoteDroid.. I use it as well.. have my pc hooked up to my 42" plasma.. very nice.

jntt
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 21, 2010, 4:37:32 PM via App

lovinn the ERIS best phone ever :))

Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Jul 25, 2010, 7:12:14 PM via App

so lately when I've downloaded certain apps it tells me theirs a problem parsing the package and I'm unable to download. Anyone out there know what this means or know how to get around this problem? I've never seen this until recently

justJay

Jul 25, 2010, 7:49:37 PM via App

Casey.. I have been following all your various forum post closely and I must say that it seems the your Eris might need to be looked at by a Verizon tech. If I was you I would take it into a local larger Corporate Verizon store (not the small kiosk stores in the mall). I personally had to have my Eris replaced for similar problems.

Casey Beth

Jul 26, 2010, 4:44:06 AM via App

justjay you have been a huge help lately with all sorts of problems and questions I've had lately, I really appreciate your time and patience! I think u may be right but I've had my phone since Nov. 09 and doubt they (Verizon) will replace it after so much time but I will take it in per your instructions. I wish you could contact individuals through androidpit as I have a great idea for an app that I know would make $$ and I think you'd be perfect for it...

justJay

Jul 26, 2010, 5:08:05 PM via App

Verizon is pretty good about replacing smart phones if they are defective.. I have replaced mine once.. good friend of mine has replaced hers twice. And as Douglas stated: you can contact me via email through my AndroidPIT's members profile on the full website.

— modified on Jul 26, 2010, 5:10:03 PM

Casey Beth

Aug 2, 2010, 11:24:13 PM via App

quick question for u Jay...if you were to replace your eris would you go with the incredible or the Droid x?

Casey Beth

Aug 3, 2010, 6:45:45 PM via App

do you happen to know if the incredible has a video out ability? it is the one thing I really wish our eris did!

Douglas Carter

Aug 4, 2010, 11:20:48 AM via Website

Casey, I'm assuming you are on Verizon. The Samsung Fascinate will be coming out soon(a month, two at the most I think), and I can recommend that as well. It should come with the ability to have video out using a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Just thought I'd mention it.

Casey Beth

Aug 14, 2010, 8:31:03 AM via App

I too appreciate htc and would prefer it to a Motorola or samsung why are they putting an HDMI out on sprint's evo and no video out capabilities on any verizon android phone? As this feature is important to me I feel i have no choice but to look elsewhere

— modified on Aug 14, 2010, 8:31:37 AM

Casey Beth

Aug 15, 2010, 7:18:40 AM via App

has anyone figured out a way or website that allows direct downloading of movies and/or tv episodes for times there is not a strong 3g signal? just curious

Douglas Carter

Aug 16, 2010, 12:23:06 PM via Website

Well, if you are at home and have a wi-fi network that would work. Otherwise, if your data connection is not strong, you are pretty much out of luck. What app are you using, or are you just downloading files onto your phone from some website?

Casey Beth

Aug 27, 2010, 9:19:30 PM via App

So how come after I delete an app it still leaves files/folders in my file managers? Is there any reason/benefit to having more then one file manager? Do u? I have several browsers because some work better depending on what I'm doing so just curious whether I should waste the space on multiple file managers.

justJay

Aug 27, 2010, 9:41:12 PM via Website

Actually the file Managers only show you what is on your device.. mainly the SD card.
Astro File Manager seem to be one of the best around which I personally use.
I also use Linda manager mainly to back up my apps and to delete app easily.

As for why files are left on your unit after you delete an app: it's is actually a good thing...
If you update or reinstall the app all your setting etc will still be in tact.

However if you never plan on reinstalling an app it is safe to delete the folder on the SD card.

Casey Beth

Aug 30, 2010, 6:38:54 AM via App

So when I trying to watch a video through sites like hulu it says I need flash player 10.0.22 or higher is that possible with our eris?? Is it possible with other android phones?

Douglas Carter

Aug 30, 2010, 11:20:06 AM via Website

justJay managed to install Adobe Flash player on his Droid Eris, but I forget if it requires root or not. That should be what you need to view those sites like Hulu. There should be a thread around here somewhere that says how he did it.

Casey Beth

Aug 30, 2010, 7:25:53 PM via App

don't the new phones come with adobe?

Douglas Carter

Aug 31, 2010, 11:43:37 AM via Website

Casey Beth
don't the new phones come with adobe?

:unsure: I don't think so, or at least I'm not aware of it yet. Some come with Flash player lite, but that won't allow everything. The Flash Player app is available for download on some phone with Android 2.2, and some phones with Android 2.1. There should be some handsets/tablets releasing soon with Adobe Flash pre-installed. There may also be a couple handsets that ship with it out of the box, but I can't recall them right now.

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

justJay

Aug 31, 2010, 4:32:30 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
justJay managed to install Adobe Flash player on his Droid Eris, but I forget if it requires root or not. That should be what you need to view those sites like Hulu. There should be a thread around here somewhere that says how he did it.

I went to Hulu and was unable to view videos.. the 10.1 installed on my Eris seams to work on some sites while on others.. the site informs me that i'm not using a Nexus One by Google and that I need to be using the 2.2 firmware but I'm running 2.1.

Casey Beth

Aug 31, 2010, 6:47:09 PM via App

how did u get adobe on ur eris?? did u need to root first or can I do the same unrooted?

— modified on Aug 31, 2010, 6:48:14 PM

justJay

Sep 1, 2010, 6:25:26 AM via Website

Download from here USING YOUR PHONE while using one of the AndroidPIT apps: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PMWLJ59A

NOTE: Be sure you inable installing from "Unknown Sources" by going to: Menu, Settings, Applications.. and checking the box before you download.

Once you click on link and it opens the website on your phone; enter the four digit code it requests, then download.. on next screen choose standard download.. wait for the 45 second timer to count down.. then click on the download button when it appears. Once downloaded just click on the downloaded file to install via package installer.

— modified on Sep 1, 2010, 6:50:11 AM

Casey Beth

Sep 2, 2010, 2:35:39 PM via App

where did it download to? its not in my programs...

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 8, 2010, 7:15:15 AM via Website

If it downloaded and you haven't installed it yet. Open your browser, click menu, then downloads. It should be on your list of downloads, click it and it should let you install it.

Casey Beth

Sep 11, 2010, 9:46:53 AM via App

not sure if anyones interested but I found a website that streams a small list of tv shows to android phones for free. Its androidvideo.net. If anyone knows any similar type of sites I would love to know about them. also can someone please tell me how to access my download history list without downloading something? the app managers do not allow you to see items being downloaded and I can only access the list by downloading something else?!

— modified on Sep 11, 2010, 10:08:13 PM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 12, 2010, 9:37:21 AM via Website

Not sure if its the same on your phone. On mine in the browser if I press menu, then more, the downloads list is there.

Also if you have Astro File manager, or Linda Manager, you can see your downloads on the sd card itself. On my phone its on the SD card under the "download" folder.

— modified on Sep 12, 2010, 9:39:55 AM

Rayne
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 4, 2011, 2:02:05 AM via App

Got my Droid Eris January 2010 an now it's forgotten. Getting a quad core, stock android, 10 megapixels, LTE, Nexus coming in 2012

jacket250
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 9:28:08 AM via Website

love the ERIS ..

Office Professional Plus 2010