email Client

• Replies:9
cuong
  • Forum posts: 6

May 15, 2010, 3:20:41 PM via Website

I have configured once my email client. It worked once time, but at the moment I can't see any change in my handy, but only in webbrowser. does anybody have ideas ?
Thanks

cuong

May 15, 2010, 5:02:57 PM via Website

my phone is Motorola Milestone. firmware version : 2.0.1
The mail client is the standard mail client on my phone, not my google mail client, another one

— modified on May 15, 2010, 5:03:31 PM

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

May 16, 2010, 8:16:42 PM via Website

I do not exactly understand what problem you have. Can you please specify better what problem occurs?!

cuong

May 16, 2010, 8:34:40 PM via Website

my problem is : the mail client has not actual state. New Emails are not shown in this mail client. In mail client i can see only the old mails which i have had when i have configured my client at the first time. Loading new email doen't work :(

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

May 16, 2010, 9:57:41 PM via Website

Have you tried to push the update button? You have to poll the mails.

cuong

May 17, 2010, 8:36:23 PM via Website

certainly I have pushed. I have tried many times but it doesn't work

Scott Spencer

Sep 22, 2010, 3:32:16 AM via Website

I'm not sure about your problem but I also have had a problem with the moto email client & text messages. I have a DX with:

System version 1.13.604
Firmware Version 2.1-update1
Baseband Version BP_C_01.09.04P
Kernal Version 2.6.29
ERI version 5
PRL Version 65169

I first set up and config the pop 3 emails which there were 3 each. they pulled in the emails that were out there on the server and have not received any since. Now, I have my email app and text message app on 1 of my home pages and when I touch the app to open it will open for a split second and close right down. It does this with the text messaging also. I can go to messaging and touch universal mailbox and it will stay open and there is my text messages. Crazy ! Gmail is congif and working okay. Is there a limit to how many pop 3 accounts you can have on the X? I am rooted and was wondering if maybe I have lost some data files. I have pushed and also got the sych on for every 15 mins. I have tried turning the filter on and off. Cleared the data in setting also. One thing I haven't done is tried to re-install the the pop 3 email accounts. Should I maybe go to K9 mail and try using that? Any suggestions would be great. I'm a noobie here and trying to learn as much as possible.

cuong

Sep 22, 2010, 9:10:39 AM via Website

I'm using K9 and it works perfect

Scott Spencer

Sep 23, 2010, 3:45:17 PM via Website

I used K-9 on my Dinc for a few weeks before I switched to DX. It worked fine on that phone. Maybe I'll will give it whirl on the DX.