iPhone or Android?? Help me :)

• Replies:25
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Mar 3, 2010, 1:42:55 PM via Website

Hey everyone,

I was dead-set on getting an iPhone but recently a lot of people have been recommending that I get an Android instead.

What are your thoughts? Any recs? Which models should I be looking into? And how do Androids compare to the iPhone?

Thanks!

jana

Marius O.
  • Forum posts: 1,588

Mar 3, 2010, 5:59:17 PM via Website

hay

of course noone here will tell you the iPhone is better;)

many of the german user had a iPhone before, and all of them said android is much better

here are some advantages:

- multi task is possible
- it's open source

i think the best android device are the nexus one and the motorola droid yet

but the htc disire will also become a awesome phone;)

and sry for my english :-P

Deactivated Account

Mar 4, 2010, 3:48:25 PM via Website

Hey Marius,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm still new here but have already sussed out that you're all Android supporters :)

I'm also really anticipating the Desire and Legend releases.

BTW, your English isn't bad at all :)

Markus Gu
  • Forum posts: 2,644

Mar 4, 2010, 3:51:41 PM via Website

buy an android - there are many new cool android devices on the way and i think there will be at least one that is build for you :)

swordiApps Blog - Website

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 1,479

Mar 4, 2010, 4:14:19 PM via Website

If somebody of my friends ask me, which one, iPhone or Android I tell him.
If you want a super fantastic good looking Gameboy then buy a iPhone, but if you want a phone or a PDA with wich you can really work and do some great things, then buy a Android.

So I think the iPhone is really really nice to play games or to have other great multimedia-applications. But in my opinion Android is the leader in productivity, communication etc.
Another point for Android is the Linux kernel which is open source. So you have the ability to modify more than on a iPhone.
A good point for the iPhone is the great design of the apps, in this way Android had to do something. But were still at the beginning ;)

€: Maybe it sounds a bit stupid, but in your profile you added as your hometown: Berlin. Is that right? Do you know we are a german site?

— modified on Mar 4, 2010, 4:23:56 PM

User Nr. 2618

Deactivated Account

Mar 4, 2010, 5:16:27 PM via Website

@ Markus :)

@ Christoph: Yeah, I'm based in Berlin but my German isn't that hot yet...
Plus, the English AndroidPIT site is growing, I'm happy to see :)

Kay R.
  • Forum posts: 2,171

Mar 4, 2010, 9:00:13 PM via Website

Hi,

I was getting in this decision-trap, too ... I decided to buy an android as you can see.

I'm thinking that the IPhone is just some kind of fashion item - of course it's a good device but Android has many more options left for the future.

The reason that Android is open source is the most "beautiful" one, cause if you have knowledge in java you could easily write your own apps - I don't think that it is that easy on the IPhone.

I began to love Android and HTC generally as my mother came home with the Hero from her work - just for testing reasons but it was great. I began to love the homescreen with this effective slide and android in all.

So you can say it was love on the first look (If you can say it in english, too - don't know exactly)

If you have any friends who are owners of Android devices ask them if you may test it - it's hard to describe what's possible with Androids'

Best regards,
Kay

— modified on Mar 4, 2010, 9:02:27 PM

Deactivated Account

Marius O.
  • Forum posts: 1,588

Mar 4, 2010, 11:58:40 PM via Website

@kay... it'S called "love on the first sight" .... but you got it almost

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 602

Mar 5, 2010, 12:00:57 AM via Website

Marius O.
@kay... it'S called "love on the first sight" .... but you got it almost
Replace the "on" with an "at" and you're set. Love at first sight.

Chris H.
  • Forum posts: 321

Mar 5, 2010, 2:17:13 AM via Website

Most of the points have been mentioned already.

We all are here because we love our Androids. Apple has created a awesome product with the IPhone when it was introduced ~3 years ago. Apple has given inspiration to other handset manufactures as well. But there have been no real innovations anymore in 2nd and 3th generations anymore. They only added features that you would expect in a modern phone, or features that were missing in the former version.

If you decide to buy the Iphone you'll get a good quality phone, a huge Market and jealous looks from others. But at the same time you buy "your" iphone, you'll also get your handcuffs on. Because Apple "controls" way too much.

Android if free, lets you do what you want. Get apps from Google Market or get them from friends by email, download here and there. Connect to any PC and use the phone like a USB Stick. If you have programing skills, just go ahead, code something, transfer to your mobile and be happy. Because it is YOUR phone.

Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Mar 5, 2010, 4:15:43 PM via Website

@Kay & Chris: Thanks a lot, I can see that the Android love runs deep :)

I was already leaning more towards an Android, I guess the design of the iPhone was what made me hesitate, but you've all definitely helped my decision easier. Now it's just a question of decided which Android model to get... To be continued :)

Steve Young
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 4, 2010, 4:23:43 PM via Website

jana ob
@Kay & Chris: Thanks a lot, I can see that the Android love runs deep :)

I was already leaning more towards an Android, I guess the design of the iPhone was what made me hesitate, but you've all definitely helped my decision easier. Now it's just a question of decided which Android model to get... To be continued :)

I have had an Iphone and have just got a HTC Desire and the performance of the Desire make the Iphone look slow also in the looks department all I can say is wow, the screen is better the interface is easy to use and I am totally converted. The amount of free and good apps hitting the android market is on the increase so in time they will catch up with the apple app store.
I am writing this on a macbook btw..............:lol:
Good luck with whatever phone you get..........:D

Deactivated Account

Apr 5, 2010, 11:21:40 AM via Website

@Steve: I've actually recently been using my mother's HTC Innovation, which is a few years old, but it's working wonders for me. I compared it to the iPhone over the weekend, which I like too, but am now thinking I'll get a Desire or Hero :)

I'll let you know! :)

Chris H.
  • Forum posts: 321

Apr 6, 2010, 11:52:12 AM via App

jana ob
but am now thinking I'll get a Desire or Hero :)

Skip the Hero. Consider a Legend instead or the Desire you mentioned already. The hardware specs of the Hero are a bit outdated.

— modified on Apr 6, 2010, 11:53:19 AM

Steve Young
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 7, 2010, 12:21:56 AM via Website

jana o.
@Steve: I've actually recently been using my mother's HTC Innovation, which is a few years old, but it's working wonders for me. I compared it to the iPhone over the weekend, which I like too, but am now thinking I'll get a Desire or Hero :)

I'll let you know! :)
If you afford the desire I would go for that, the android market should be getting adobe flash player 10 (tmobile uk have said within the month, but they have been known to eerm get things wrong....:) and possibly microsoft silverlight soon(ish) and you will need the faster processor in the desire to run them properly. Ideal for streaming tv. I think both phone ship with adobe flash light, also the resolution of screen on the desire is a lot better. The Hero is now been replaced by the legend so don't let any one sell you a Hero.
Let me know what you decide on.
Steve

Deactivated Account

Apr 29, 2010, 4:31:56 PM via Website

Hey guys,

Well, at last I've committed and bought a new Android phone. It took me ages to decide which way to go, but I'm happy with what I've finally settled on. A few of you had advised me to skip the Hero and go for a Desire or Legend, but I found a great deal and now have a lovely G2 Touch.

The only problem is that the phone is SIM locked... Any ideas on how to jailbreak it?

I would be grateful for ideas 'cause I'm really impatient to start playing around with it!

— modified on Apr 29, 2010, 6:30:18 PM

john craven
  • Forum posts: 1

May 12, 2010, 11:59:41 AM via App

Hi I was in the same boat, Iphone or Android. All my friends have IPhone's but I was never the one to follow the crowd,so I researched android and the HTC desire. I made my mind up and picked the desire and am so happy I did I have had it 3 weeks and still can't put it down .I am learning something new every day so if you want my advice go for the HTC desire you won't regret it.

Deactivated Account

May 12, 2010, 12:27:08 PM via Website

Hehehe, sounds just like my situation (except quite a few people I know already had Androids, so I could try them out before making up my mind).

nicholas anderson
  • Forum posts: 1

May 12, 2010, 2:34:54 PM via Website

i have had 2 iphones over the last 2 yrs,a 3g 8gb and the latest 3gs 32gb and was hooked.then the htc desire surfaced so i thought i would give it a try.i bought a 16gb micro card off ebay and off i went.i have had the desire for 6 weeks now and will never go back to an iphone.everything works superbly,apps work great,camera and camcorder are superb,screen is brilliant.cant really think of any negatives at the moment.plus its nice not having itunes tell me what i can and cant have on my phone.this is def an iphone beater.goodbye apple.

Deactivated Account

May 13, 2010, 11:27:05 AM via Website

Looks like Android is going to take over :)

But seriously, can anyone help me with the jailbreak? I still haven't found a solution...

Deactivated Account

Jun 9, 2010, 4:49:44 PM via Website

justJay
Android.... of course. If you are not a quick learner or prefer training wheels on your tech then get the iPhone.

haha .. well you can't deny that design-qise the iPhone isn't all bad ;)

Ben Caronna
  • Forum posts: 24

Jun 14, 2010, 11:12:12 PM via App

It pretty much comes down to personal preference.. Android is almost 100% customizable and has user based apps. Apple has an amazing marketplace and thousands of really cool apps but the iPhone is not customizable physically.. you can't set a wallpaper or have any cool widgets that are readily available in the Android market for little or no price. I've had an Android based phone for about 6 months and I've never paid for an app. Pretty much every app in the marketplace that costs money has a "lite" version which is nearly the same thing but is free. Although going lite means you have to miss out on some features, it gives you a chance to figure out whether or not you want the app. And plus Apple sucks haha. Android all the way man!!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 2

May 26, 2011, 12:05:41 AM via Website

yes I agree with you all

best android apps