How to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

• Replies:4
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 12, 2014, 11:14:09 AM via Website

Hi!

Read before starting:
If you are having problems with your Android system, apps are laggy and some elements just won’t work, there are a bunch of things you could do to fix this problem, like removing the battery for a while, shutting your phone off as well, clearing the cache for your most used apps and system cache, getting a system manager etc. If there is no change though, you could do a factory reset or even a hard reset. A factory reset will erase all the data from your phone and put it back to the status it was in when you first bought it. You have your data backed up, so when setting up your phone again, everything will go back to how it was when restoring. I recommend that you backup your data on an app or SD card, if you aren’t sure. Some good backup apps for Android that are free are G Cloud Backup, Super Backup, App Backup & Restore....

What’s more, this won’t delete the data on your SD card, but you can remove it beforehand if you feel uncertain.

Here is how to backup your files and perform a factory reset
  • Go to your app drawer
  • Find the settings icon and tap on it
  • scroll down to General tab and tap on it.
  • Select Backup and reset
  • Tap on factory data reset
  • Read the warnings and then tap on reset device
  • Choose Delete All. This will then reset your phone and restart it.
  • You phone is now reset. You will have to reset it and input the Google account you used to set it up the first time to retrieve all your data from before. Follow the steps set up by the app you used to back up your data, if you also did this.

This should help your system run a lot better.

— modified on Mar 12, 2014, 11:14:48 AM

kyle krieger
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 29, 2014, 4:08:55 AM via Website

I've done the factory reset to hopefully resolve my kit kat issues. My phone STILL restarts itself about 5 times a day. I was hoping a reset would have fixed this, but it didn't. Any ideas on what I can do? Can I go back to the original OS that was installed on the phone? If so, how?

Adebimpe Adenekan
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 7, 2015, 11:07:03 AM via Website

Please how do I change factory reset confirmation password. I want to do a factory reset but I can't remember my password. Please how do I go about it. Thanks

tamim
  • Forum posts: 14

Feb 24, 2015, 1:37:23 PM via Website

The way to Hard / Factory Reset Galaxy Take note 3:
Don’t switch off the system, open the App Drawer menu.
Available Settings.
Go to Accounts menu.
Media the ‘Backup and restore’ option.
– it is possible to optionally un-check the ‘Automatic Restore’ and also ‘Back up my data’ option bins.
Press the ‘Factory Data Reset’ alternative.
Then confirm by tapping on ‘Reset Device’.
– if you utilize a PIN or Pattern lock to your device, then you will have to enter so that you can continue with the wiping process.
Press ‘Delete all’ option and wait before the process is complete.

Blair Chen
  • Forum posts: 38

Dec 14, 2015, 8:12:17 AM via Website

This is a very detailed guide. Thanks very much.