RE: Welcome to the Huawei Ascend P6 Forum (with tech specs)!

• Replies:20
Peter Duijn
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 20, 2013, 7:21:39 AM via Website

Happy to know that there is a forum which I can use for more info about the P6. They are telling me that there are more than 100 themes for this device. Where are they!!!

— modified on Oct 7, 2013, 4:43:21 PM

Aaron Evans
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 6:35:54 PM via Website

Where can we download these themes from, any idea?

Peter Duijn

Jul 24, 2013, 7:52:41 PM via Website

Aaron Evans
I've searched and searched but not found specificly the themes they promised for the P6. Maybe you can use te themes from his brother the P1!!?:huh:

Peter Duijn

Jul 24, 2013, 8:32:49 PM via Website

Peter Duijn
Aaron Evans
I've searched and searched but not found specificly the themes they promised for the P6. Maybe you can use te themes from his brother the P1!!?:huh:
Only the chinese site gives you the promised themes in chinese, problem is I can't read is and downloading does'nt work, the pge is not responding. Come on Huawei give info in English if you want to conquer the world with your devices, it'ts worth while....

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 25, 2013, 9:52:00 AM via Website

Yeah I've checked the Huawei consumer site and the Emotion UI site, both of which produce nothing. You can try downloading the Chinese themes and they should be able to be installed in English - you'll just just have to use a little Google Translate to get there though! Peter, what were the problems you experienced with the download? I've also seen a report that Huawei customer support just said to download themes for the P1, as you mentioned. Not the best solution! In this YouTube clip
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhqOjLNfFUI
there's an ''Online'' tab in the Themes app. I don't have that on our device here. How about you?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Kris Carlon

Aug 12, 2013, 10:35:37 AM via Website

Hi Peter and Aaron, I now have confirmation that downlaoding and installing the 100+ themese from the Chinese site does indeed work. You just download them and put them in the Huawei themes folder and they will be recognized automatically. Just use Google Translate to navigate the Chinese page, but this will get you the themes.

As for Pepo's question about the LED notification, you could check the Huawei Permission Manager, as you can use this to determine which apps can send notifications to the notifications panel. Unfotunately we no longer have our test device here so I can't confirm whether you also have control over LED notifications too, but it's worth a look. Otherwise there will be ROMs (like AOKP) that will let you use the LED notification however you like, if you have rooted and modded your handset.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

MJ Tulagan

Aug 28, 2013, 3:31:15 PM via Website

Well hi there. It's good to know this forum exist. I have several questions on Ascend P6. I also want to download other themes, and I've read that there are some on the Chinese site. Can you paste the direct link here if you permit. Does P6 supports live wallpapers or screensavers like Samsung does? I can't seem to find the option anywhere. And what is the version of the new Emotion UI? As released, P6 uses 1.6 version. Does the upgrade advisable? Thank you.

Kris Carlon

Sep 2, 2013, 10:23:50 AM via Website

Hey MJ, the direct link is here (via the Emotion UI site):

http://zh.ui.vmall.com/theme.php?mod=list&display=1&model=P6&version=EMUI1.6&page=1

You can cruise through 15 pages of themes for the P6 and download the ones that take your fancy. Just use Google Translate (in Chrome) to navigate the Chinese if your language skills are not up to scratch ;)

The P6 does support live wallpapers and there are a few floating around the net, depending what you're after - just Google ''Ascend P6 live wallpaper'' and start browsing. I'm not aware of any upgrade beyond EMUI 1.6 at the moment though.

Kris Carlon

Sep 2, 2013, 10:32:19 AM via Website

Hi, we've had a fair bit of interest in the hard-to-find themes for the Ascend P6, so I thought I'd start a new thread especially for themes and live wallpapers information. The 100+ themes mentioned everywhere for the P6 can be downloaded from the Chinese Huawei Emotion UI site here:

http://zh.ui.vmall.com/theme.php?mod=list&display=1&model=P6&version=EMUI1.6&page=1

Just navigate to the page using Chrome so you can Google Translate (or open another window with Google Translate in it if you prefer to use another browser and need to cut and paste sections of text). You can browse through 15 pages of themes for the P6 and download the specific ones you like. The themes will be installed in the native language of your device.

You can also download themes for the Huawei P1 if you need even more options!

The Ascend P6 also supports live wallpapers, so if you find any great ones, or good collections online you would like to share, feel free to paste the links in this forum (or, if you can't post links, send them to me via PM and I'll add them for you).

MJ Tulagan

Sep 7, 2013, 10:30:02 AM via Website

Hi again. I am trying to modify the themes that I downloaded earlier but it seems not to work. I just change the icons but I think P6 used a compiler or theme creator. Is there as such for me to create my own theme for the P6? Thanks in advance.

P6 Woman
  • Forum posts: 3

Jan 10, 2014, 4:01:26 AM via Website

Peter Duijn
Aaron Evans

Hey,

If you want to customize your theme and look for FREE, first of all you need to do is download the Solo Launcher app from G Play

http: // play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=home.solo.launcher.free

Then you can search for further themes for Solo Launcher on Google Play.

Problem that Ive been facing thou, is that whenever i tried to customize the current themes live wallpaper, it didn't let me change it, i got the message, that the theme wallpaper selector app just shut it self down.

Another fix that I'm looking forward too :)

Kris Carlon

Jan 10, 2014, 6:02:00 PM via Website

This is a good point, you can achieve the same thing by using an alternative launcher. I wrote an article recently of the ten best launchers.

https://www.nextpit.com/what-is-the-best-android-launcher

But I found Solo to be a bit too buggy for me. I kept having app icons vanish (like Twitter) and issues with the homes screens, so I switched to Apex which is a lot more stable. Nova is basically the be all and end all of alternate launchers so you could try that too.

Jaja Merilo

Jan 11, 2014, 12:15:02 AM via Website

Hi,

I have downloaded several themes on my P6 but I couldn't find them. They are not on the Themes app either. Can someone help me please? Thanks.

jess grandi

Jan 19, 2014, 7:43:35 AM via Website

nor do i have that "online" tab in my themes. did you find out how to get it? please get back to me thank youu

Kris Carlon

Jan 20, 2014, 6:30:11 PM via Website

Hi @Jess, we didn't have the online tab either on our P6. My assumption is that was only only Chinese versions of the device (as the themes are only accessible from the Chinese website). You can just use the link I pasted in above to get the themes and use Chrome and Google Translate to work your way through them.

As for @Jaja's missing themes there's not much I can suggest as I no longer have an Ascend P6 to try to duplicate the issue. Perhaps one of our other forum members could assist? As I recall when I installed some themes they all just appeared.

kellyhasen

Mar 12, 2014, 1:36:27 PM via Website

Hi ,

I have use this info..I question is any idea for where can we download these themes from?

Thanks..

Sheena Louise Moll

Mar 17, 2014, 3:32:27 PM via Website

I read somewhere, a forum also I think, that when you rename .hwt file to .zip file, you will be able to unzip it and change it's contents.
What I did i that after I converted the .zip file, i changed it's contents usually just the icons, then changed it back to .hwt file. But when I tried using it, it doesn't seem to work anymore.

I got curious so, I tried changing .hwt file to a .zip file, without doing or changing anything, changed it back to .hwt file, tested it on my phone, and it's not recognized in my theme selection anymore...

Please help me.. Is there someone who knows where I can edit themes. please. Thanks. :)

— modified on Mar 17, 2014, 4:10:01 PM

L Jor
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 5, 2015, 2:09:42 AM via Website

Thanks

— modified on Aug 5, 2015, 2:12:56 AM

phone789
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 5, 2015, 5:42:47 AM via Website

thanks for joining the forum. As far as I'm aware the P6 only has 4 pre-loaded themes. The rest you need to download. [url=http://meizusale.com/meizu-mx5]meizu mx5[/url]